Chapter 18

P U R I T Y

"We're watching Divergent?"

He looks so happy as the movie flashes on the screen and I nod with a bright smile, moving to settle by his side. Kade manoeuvres me so I'm practically sat on his lap, then drapes the giant blanket over us both as I press play. "Just like you wanted."

"Is this why you made me wait?"

Kade had wanted to watch Divergent a few days ago when we hung out, since it was the first film we watched together. I had to tell him no since I wanted it for tonight as a little throwback to the first time we hung out. Crazy to think that was two months ago.

"Yep. Sorry about that, by the way." I apologise bashfully, squirming as he kisses my neck gently and effectively makes the hairs on my forearms rise.

"Nah, completely worth it. This is cute, I like how you remembered."

"Of course." I snuggle into his side, feeling his arm snake around my waist and onto my stomach as it tightens its grip there and pulls me in closer. He leans his head on my shoulder, both of us facing the television and quickly being immersed in the film.

Twenty minutes go by and during that time I had collected the strawberries still sat in the fridge so we could start eating them now. We'd waited a bit, just to digest our food properly and make room for dessert, but I was too eager to wait any longer. Once I was settled properly back in Kade's arms with the bowl in hand I fed him and myself strawberries one by one.

"Nice, right?" I question, not looking at him as I fed him a third one. He nods and disconnects his lips from the fruit once finished and I put the stem into the bowl.

I hadn't exactly thought out how I was going to really ask him. I think he knew it would be tonight, since it was kinda obvious with the way I went all out more so than our usual dates- but then again, this boy was oblivious when we wanted to be. I wouldn't be that surprised if he was caught off guard.

I bite into a strawberry and think about how I was going to ask.

I had to just do it, right? What could go wrong?"

"Kade, I-,"

"That little asshole." He points to Peter with a distasteful face. "I really can't decide if I like him or not, you know."

"He's annoying but he's not the antagonist." I remind him, pushing away my thoughts momentarily.

"Yeah, true." He opens his mouth without looking at me and I take that as a sign to feed him. I honestly didn't mind- it was cute. "Still think he's an asshole amongst other things."

I laugh quietly, "You always get so heated with movie characters. It's cute."

I see him roll his eyes but nonetheless smiles. "It's so hard not to hate on them. Or comment about it."

"Not unless you just... don't say anything." I tease, and he raises and eyebrow before actually looking at me. My stomach tingles even despite already being this close to him multiple times. The intimacy always got to me.

Especially because he was always the one to lean in first- I would always be subconsciously expecting it, but never actually ready. He still made my stomach jump with good nerves.