Chapter 20

P U R I T Y

"You don't even go here, you know." I slur without thinking, my mouth not having a filter. Francesca raises an eyebrow at me. "Like, nobody even knows you. People here know us, so it makes sense, but you? Who even are y-,"

"Okay, Ives, lets put that filter back on." Kade pecks the side of my head, wrapping his arms around my waist. He doesn't see the expression I'm sending Francesca- a full blown glare- but I listen to him anyways and turn away. "You think you're ready to go?"

"No." I shake my head, turning around to face the guys. "I'm playing pong with them!" Jason laughs at me, still playing the game as I pull away from Kade and go to lean against the table. He follows me and from the corner of my eye I see Francesca also take a step forward.

"I think I can take it from here." Jason smiles reassuringly at me. I give up a wide eyed looking, asking if he was sure.

"Are you sure? Can you handle it?"

He laughs, holding his stomach and grinning at me. "I'll try my best. I'll let you know how it goes later, Ivy. You better sit down for a while."

Shrugging, I nod and smile then wave happily to the rest of the guys as a goodbye. I stumble past Jason and Kade is quick to come to my rescue, wrapping a secure arm around my waist and pulling me to his side. We walk through the kitchen and find our way to the room we started in and my eyes zero in on Caroline and Tag who are sat on the couch side by side, surrounded by a few others.

"Care!" I squeal, pulling away from Kade. She picks her head up from Tag's shoulder and sees me, immediately smiling and holding her arms wide open. I messily brush past people until I'm squeezed by her side slash on top of her, now hugging her to death. "I missed you!"

She giggles, squeezing me back. "I missed you too! Where were you, bitch?"

Care swears a lot more when she's drunk. She's a lot more ballsy, too. I think I just get overly hyper and way too excited for my own good.

"Playing pong with some boys." I smile, my words slur. I manage to notice that hers aren't as much. Realising I was gone for a good thirty, almost forty minutes, I assume this gave her more than enough time to sober up a bit. "You drinking?" I ask improperly.

"A bit." She pinches her thumb and forefinger together until she's making a tiny, miniature slit with her fingers and I acknowledge she's definitely still drunk. Tipsy, at least. "Kade's here too!" She cheers, suddenly looking up and smiling and Kade. Her smile drops in a second. "And you."

I look up and see Francesca stood next to Kade, arms still crossed over her chest like before. I give her no expression this time and look at Kade. "Mhm." Is all I mumble.

"Why are you here?" Caroline gets straight to the point, eyes narrowed down. I giggle quietly.

"Kade's my friend, am I not allowed to be?" She states matter-of-factly, and I want to punch her stupid face in.

Maybe I was an aggressive drunk too.

"Not when he has a girlfriend, or can you just not get the message?" My best friend challenges, and I rest my head on my shoulder lazily. I didn't care all that much about the conversation right now.