Chapter 19

P U R I T Y

"Babe, we've taken like five-hundred pictures already."

"Yeah? Then make that six-hundred! You can never have too many, Tag!"

I laugh as Tag tiredly shakes his head but listens to his girlfriend and resumes his numerous camera positions. Caroline wanted pictures to post on Instagram and what not, so she didn't have to do much persuading to get her boyfriend to be the cameraman. Kade was standing by the side with his palm over his mouth, laughing at Tag who glared at him occasionally. We all laughed at that.

"Okay, okay, enough." I decide to put Tag out of his misery a minute later and pull away from Caroline who grins and walks over to Tag in her heels. Giving him a generous kiss, she takes her phone back and begins looking at the photo as he wraps his arm around her waist, looking a lot more pleased.

Kade's arm, too, goes around my waist once I'm in reach and kisses my lips a few times before we pull apart. "Ready to go, guys?" He asks the couple standing a few steps away. They look up in sync from her phone with smiles and nod, letting us lead the way as they trail along not far behind us.

"Your outfit is beautiful, by the way. You look gorgeous."

"Really?" I smile, looking up at him. "I was kinda lazy with it this time. Thank you." And I was- all I wore was a plain red dress and some black shoes. I had my bag with me and necessities as well as a few accessories but that was it.

He kisses the side of my head. "Of course. You look good in anything."

Bashfully, I lean on him as support as we slowly stroll through the pathway to the car park. I curiously decide to bring up the question I had on my mind since we started taking picture ten minutes ago. "So is Francesca definitely going to be there?"

Kade hums, "Yeah, I assume so. I think she knows some of the frat boys so she'll probably be there. Will you be okay?"

"Of course." I'm quick to reply, probably a bit too quick. He looks down at me with the slightest look in his eyes. "I don't hate the girl, really. I just don't want her... near, or attached to you. She stands pretty close, y'know. A bit too close for comfort."

"Jealous?" Kade grins, a glint in his eyes. Happiness. Like he's happy someone cares that much.

"A bit." I'm not embarrassed to admit it. Francesca was beautiful- why wouldn't I be jealous? "I'm sorry, I'm being controlling and gross. I trust you, please don't doubt that. It's just her. She rubs me off in the wrong way."

"Like I always say." He raises my chin as we're walking so I'm looking at him. "You've nothing to be worried about. You're the only one I have eyes for anyways. Promise."

I smile. Standing up on my toes, I cup his cheek and kiss his lips all whilst we're walking and nearing his car. Once we pull apart we walk in silence for the rest of the five minute walk until we've reached his and Tag's cars, both conveniently parked next to each other. However this time we decided to just take one car, that car being Tag's, because we'd all sleep back at the apartment. It would just be more efficient this way too.

We slide into the backseats as Tag gets into the drivers and Caroline in the passenger. We're off and out of campus in no time, the radio playing moderately loud the entire time. "By the way, Ives," Care asks from up front, the mirror compartment pulled down as she reapplies lipgloss. "Any news from Paris?"