Chapter 25

P U R I T Y

"Ivy!" Caroline calls from her bedroom, "What're your plans for this weekend?"

I exit the bathroom flossing my teeth, leaning against her doorframe curiously as she sits up and waits for my response. It was a Thursday, probably a bit too late to make plans with others on a long weekend, and I'm sure they were busy anyways. "Nothing, I think. Why?"

She smiles, "I was thinking we take a road trip or something. Since we have Monday off and all. What do you think?"

Raising my eyebrows, I ask, "Give me some details. Where to, with who, and where would we stay?"

"I was thinking we go to Rhode Island," My eyebrows shoot up at the suggestion but I don't turn down the idea. Especially after her next words, "My dad just bought a lake house down there and offered to let us use it for the weekend. Just as long as we leave it how we get it."

"That sounds amazing!" I beam, then bite my lip, "How long is the drive there, again?"

Care shrugs, "Around six hours. I haven't told Tag or anyone yet 'cause I wanted to get your opinion first- is this gonna be a girls trip, or are we inviting the boys as well?"

I hum, removing the floss from my mouth and holding it instead, "Honestly, I say girls trip. I wouldn't mind a weekend away by the lake with just us two."

Her eyes brighten up at my words and I can tell we were thinking the exact same. "Yay! Great, that's exactly what I was thinking. This is wonderful- we don't have to do any booking or anything, just pack our bags and my dad will tell me where he leaves the keys. So is this settled? We'll go tomorrow night, 'round five?"

"It's settled!" We both grin excitedly, and I don't fully comprehend how quickly we just made plans. I went from my usual sleep-in plan for Saturday and Sunday and probably dinner one of those nights with Kade to the weekend away with my best friend in Rhode Island. "Okay, let me write up this email to one of my professors about this assignment then I'll pack my bags just to be ahead of time. I can't wait!"

"Me too! I'll text Tag and let him know." Nodding, I send her one last excited grin before heading to the bathroom and tossing the floss away. I finish up with my routine before bed and head to my room where I spot my phone vibrating on the bed. Flipping it around, I see that it's a FaceTime call from Kade so I shut my door gently then answer it with a smile.

Kade's face pops up a second later and he immediately takes in my happy expression, "Hey, princess. What you lookin' all cute and happy for?"

I grin and prop him up against my laptop as I pull it open, typing in my password. "Care and I just made plans for the long weekend! We're going to her lake house in Rhode Island that her dad just bought."

His eyes widen in surprise, "Wow, that sounds fun. Just you two?"

"Yep," I nod, beginning to type my email out, "I thought of inviting you but Caroline and I haven't had an only-girls weekend in a while. So, sorry, babe, but you and Tag are gonna have to sit this one out."

Kade smiles lazily and I can tell he doesn't mind. "That's okay, baby. My dad wants me in the office all weekend anyways and maybe take a trip to Washington for work. I'm happy for you though- you'll have tons of fun."