Chapter 29

P U R I T Y

Tonight was the night of the party and Caroline and I were at ours getting ready. It was that classic neon theme every college kid had already attended at least once in their lives, but tonight was different. I heard from friends who went last year that it was crazy and most of the time all you could see were bright dresses and makeup, as well as the decorations of course. Other than that- pitch black.

Kade and Ethan, not to any of our surprises, had been invited as well. They were busy getting dressed at their place and instead of driving all the way here like usual, we'd decided just to meet straight there. That was why Care and I were on a bit of a time crunch to get to the car park in ten minutes for our uber.

"White or black?" Caroline asks, holding up two pairs of shoes. I nod towards the whites immediately.

"White, you want to be able to at least see your feet if it's going to be as dark as we think in there." I advised, fixing my lashes with mascara before twisting the lid back shut. I already had my shoes and dress on- a tight, neon pink body con dress that pushed my boobs up a little bit more than usual and matching heels to go with it. Of course I had a coat on as well, but I knew I wouldn't be wearing it during the party.

Caroline wore a bright green two piece that hugged her waist and had her hair styled in two cute space buns to accentuate the makeup on her face. She looked gorgeous, and I made sure to hype her up as we left our rooms side by side. "Phone? Wallet? Lipstick?" She checked.

I nodded, looking in the purse. "I've got it all. Is the uber here yet?"

"Not yet," She looks at her phone at the same time she's opening the door, "But just about. We better get a move on." And so we do, clumsily locking the door behind us and linking arms together to create warmth against the cold wind. It was beyond impractical and maybe a bit embarrassing to be seen in such revealing clothes during winter but we were young and didn't care that much; or at least Caroline definitely didn't.

Our uber arrived a minute later so we hopped in, not needing to tell him the address, and checked our makeup and outfits in the car. It was a fifteen minute drive and we tipped generously for most likely causing so much noise in the back with our picture taking and giggling.

"Thank you!" I said before closing the door behind us, quickly linking with Caroline again. I guided her inside of the building and stood to the side to text Kade before we went in.

Ivy-Reese:
Hey! Care and I are here already

Kade:
Ethan's just parking the car now x
You inside? It's cold as fuck

Ivy-Reese:
Yeah, we're inside, don't worry :)
See you in a bit x

Kade:
X

"He should be coming in now. Ethan's just parking."

Caroline hums, "Sounds good. Did Kade tell you if any of his friends are coming?"

"I think he mentioned it briefly one night but I was too sleepy to care. He has people everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised."

"So do you!" She raises an eyebrow, "I saw your dm's when I borrowed your phone before. Messages from certain A-Listers, hm?" Care was right but I laughed it off anyways. Kade wasn't the only son-of-a-celebrity I knew; I made friends with tons of people my age and older through my parents but most were travelling or went to college elsewhere. Tonight, some of them actually managed to make it and probably heard it through others that I would be too.