Sweet Greetings - Chapter 2

Arriving at door far below the palace, the black and pink kitsune walked through the door. Still dressed as a maid and sighed a bit, rubbing her head, her left ear having dropped. The room she had entered was well lit, just out of reach of the vine of the apple tree Lucifer treasured so much. It was the only way to keep him from knowing what they were doing. Who knew hell could go so deep? It was underground, lights lining the hall before leading to a large open room. On one side of the room was a sort of massive table with the layout of all of hell. A perfect replica of the hell above, markers for where each Overlord was and on the back wall details on each Overlord. Past and present. The room had other halls connected to it, leading to other places, but this was the room she needed. Lining the wall was several lights, and runes to prevent others fro finding the location. Queen Lilith took all the measures she took to protect her little group, but also to hide it from Lucifer. She knew what she was doing could be taken as treason against him. Candy knew while the Queen's love for the king was lacking over the years. She still didn't wish to anger him with this. They all knew that this would lead to their deaths in the end, even Lilith. But if it mean protecting Princess Charlie and taming the Overlords. Then fuck it. 

Candy had been so lost in her thoughts as she looked at the replica of the Happy Hotel that she was going to be sent to she barely noticed the entrance of another. "Looking good Foxie. Queen Lilith got a task for you?" A gruff female voice asked suddenly. Candy glanced up from the table top, standing up fully and smiled at the demoness. She was a tall imp, beautiful red skin, long curling horns, flowing white hair and a whip like tail that was known for slashing throats. The imp female wore a tight pair of shorts and tank top, her hair was a mess, showing she had recently only awoken. "Yeah, Princess Charlotte has opened this Hotel. I'm being assigned to stay there beside her it seems." Candy replied looking back at the replica and notice the marker for the radio demon was on the hotel. "No...Please tell me..." Candy started, "Hate to say it, but it's true. Intel said that the Radio Demon made his way there shortly after Charlotte's little stunt at the new's station. Not sure why he's there, haven't gotten much else on it. Doesn't seem to be causing havoc though." Irene, the imp, stated looking at the replica and Candy sighed softly. "I wonder if it's possible to kill him while I'm watching over the Princess." Candy mumbled and Irene huffed, "Nine tails or not, If he's staying there, chances are Charlotte is all chummy with him. You know how she gets. If he dies it's got to be outside the hotel and YOU can't be involved. Charlotte will know." Irene added and Candy groaned and put her hands over her face. "Why do my tails play into this?" Candy asked, and Irene smirked and grabbed one and snuggled it. Candy yipping and blushing bright red and jerked it away sharply. "Because miss Kitsune! You're the only kitsune demon in Hell with nine tails. And since the last Overlord killing you did and gained that tail. Queen Lilith has put you on desk duty, or well, maid duty. So tell me...how does Lilith taste?" Irene asked and laughed as Candy growled and shoved her aside as she walked down one of the many halls. 

Candy was Lilith's personal maid yes, that came with benefits, yes. But everything had a cost in Hell. Candy knew that by being head of this for Lilith, she was putting her head on the chopping block when the time came. How much longer did they all have? Lilith would spend nights training Candy to endure tortures that Lucifer could possibly do to her. Everyone's lives were in her hands. She found her room and begun stripping out of it. On her back she bared a tattoo, a giant pentagram with a snake slithering through it. Shadow Serpents. Rumors in Hell, no one ever actually saw one of them kill an Overlord, so it was rumors. They were good at what Lilith trained them for. Candy slipped into a pair of high waist pant black pants, a white button up shirt, then a black tie. She undid her hair and let it fall to the ground. It was getting too long again. she started braiding her hair, wrapping it up into a bun before packing her bags. She collected everything and flicked her tails making it vanish. She looked at her empty room then walked out of the room. Irene smiled and blew her a playful kiss which Candy rolled her eyes too before vanishing in a pink flash of smoke. 

She appeared outside what should have been the Happy Hotel. Instead it said Hazbin Hotel. She blinked and tilted her head, one ear dropping as she walked to the front door and knocked a few times. She wondered if the Princess would remember her. Se waited but there was no answer so she let herself in. She walked inside slowly, looking at the many family photos and sighed a bit. Candy would be lying if she didn't admit she felt guilty for not telling Lucifer what they had been doing. He was the one who took her in all those years ago. But then he had assigned her to Lilith when she was pregnant. She stood looking at the photo of the Apple family remembering those days. "Cotton?" A voice asked and Candy looked over just in time to catch to girl who flung herself onto her. "Oh my Lucifer!!! I can't believe you're here! Why are you here?" Charlie yelled, hugging Candy tightly who laughed softly and patted her head gently. "Hello Princess Charlotte. Queen Lilith has assigned me to stay here and assistant you in any way possible." Candy said sweetly. Charlie cringed at the title and laughed a bit, luckily everyone else was still eating. "Mom hasn't called me in forever...nor dad...But I'm happy to have the help. Call me Charlie. I'm not a Princess here. Please. And here, you're going to be friends ok!?" Charlie said excitedly and Candy chuckled softly then nodded. "Very well Charlie, on one condition. Call me Candy please. How is Vaggie doing?" Candy asked, walking with Charlie to the dinning room. "She's doing great. We have lots of guests here in the Hotel and don't freak ok?" Charlie said, smiling nervously before opening the door. Revealing the Radio demon serving food to everyone. Candy lost her smile in seconds and was frowning as she stood there. "Cotton?" Vaggie asked in shock, "What?" Angel asked and looked at the long haired female standing next to Charlie. "Surprise!" Charlie said laughing nervously. "Hel.." The radio demon started only to have the door closed on him. Then opened, "lo!" Then closed tightly on him.

"Charlotte Magne! That is the Radio Demon! If..If Queen Lilith knew that you had an Overlord! A deal maker here in your hotel..." Candy whispered harshly to Charlie who cringed. "I know..I know! Please! Candy! He's being good. And he's helping me. Dad and Mom haven't supported me in this at all!" Charlie said and Candy sighed, her ears dropping flat and rubbed her head, feeling the headache building from the fact the intel was true. "Please, Candy!?" Charlie whined, looking up at her with the biggest eyes possible. "Ugh, why must you have those eyes..." Candy whispered and sighed more. "Very well. I wont tell Lilith or Lucifer. But you will need to sooner or later Charlie. But they wont hear it from me." Candy said and Charlie squealed before hugging her tightly. 

On the other side of the door, Alastor was standing there curiously. "Is that a trait in greeting Hotel guests here? Haha, that will never do." He said and shook off the insult to continue serving the food. Vaggie however got up and went to the door. Hearing the two talking and then jumped when Candy opened the doors suddenly. "What are you doing here?" Vaggie asked and Candy smiled sweetly, hugging Vaggie. "I'm here on orders. But I'm staying to help Charlie with the Hotel." Candy replied, looking around at the many people in the room. Her eyes settling on the one and only radio demon. He was sitting there watching the scene with amusement but silence for now. "Right, sooo...This is my hotel, and this is Angel Dust. And the cat to his right in Husk, he man's the front desk. And the little one, she's Nifty." Charlie said nervously, trying to smooth out the meeting some and Candy nodded and then gasped when Nifty was touching her tails. "Wow! Hi I'm Nifty! I love your tails! so Fluffy!" Nifty said and then Candy hugged the tail Nifty had been fondling. "Yes, thank you. No touching please."Candy suddenly said, Nifty nodded and walked back to her chair insanely fast. "And that is....umm." Charlie started looking to Alastor. Knowing he'd want to introduce himself.  Alastor stood and vanished and then suddenly appeared beside her and took her hand. "I'm Alastor my dear! Pleasure to meet you! Truly!" He  said and kissed her hand, Candy watched him calmly and almost with a bored expression. His smile never faded though. "Truly." Candy replied with a mumble, rolling her eyes and pulled her hand away. Then yipped when he suddenly wrapped an arm around her. "Now my dear! Smile! You're never fully dressed without one!" He said laughing, walking off and Charlie quickly grabbed Candy by her shoulders to calm her down. "Candy...why don't you go settle in..." Charlie said, sighing as she got Vaggie to lead Candy out of the dinning room. "Settled in..Yes, That's a very good Idea. Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow morning." Candy said smiling and walked off with Vaggie who led her to the upper floors.

To be Continued...