Good News {Part 2}

[Clara's pov]

I got home and my parents were waiting for me out front.
"You ready mija?" My dad asked unlocking the car.
"Yeah" I smiled at him and we all got in the car. As we were backing out the driveway I saw Cesar's brother standing on their front porch shirtless and smoking a cigarette. He started kissing some brunette. She seems nice. She turned around to leave and her makeup looked busted so my guess is they just had sex. I looked back at Spooky and we caught eyes so I quickly looked away and slid down in my seat so he couldn't see me. Bit late for that Clara.

[Oscar's pov]

Damn. This girl can ride. I've been locked up so long I almost forgot how good sex is. I looked up at her and her makeup was running down her cheeks but i'm not bothered cause she's doing me good. After we finished she got up and threw her clothes on. I zipped up my shorts and walked her out. We stood on the porch for a second. I lit up a smoke and took a puff. With my free hand I wiped a bit of the girl's makeup off her cheek and kissed her.
"I'll see you tonight Jessica" She rolled her eyes and pushed me.
"My name's Kate, fool" She turned and walked off. My bad. I watched her leave but then I saw the family across the road leaving. That Kindness chick was in the backseat. We caught eyes and she looked away pretty quick. She slid down in her seat as if I didn't already see her. I think this is about the other day when she caught Sad Eyes pointing at her.

[Clara's pov] (I recommend starting the song here)

2 hours later.

The drive home was a quiet one. The sun was already down and all you could hear was other cars passing by and my mom's quiet sobbing.
"Please stop crying Ma, i'm still here" I told her but she just cried more. We stopped at a red light and my dad looked at me through the rearview mirror.
"We just love you mija" I could see tears filling his eyes but he blinked them away and focused his attention back on the road.
For some reason the doctor's news was taking a bigger toll on my parents right now than it was on me. I think it's because I feel fine. I don't even feel sick.

"I'm sorry to say Miss Simerra but it appears that your situation hasn't been getting better. Unfortunately your body has been rejecting treatment so we're running out of options. The good news is you have 2 solid years ahead of you but we cant say anything for the years after that. I'm so sorry .... "

As soon as we got home I went straight to the shower. The doctor's words replaying in my head. Two solid years. How is that good news? My knees started to feel like jelly and tears started to form in my eyes. I sat down in the shower and as the hot water hit my skin I could feel my chest tighten. My breathing was getting harder to control and my tears started rushing down faster than the shower. I hugged my knees and just cried. It felt like I was having a panic attack.

'Two solid years' is not good news. It's a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

****

A/N:
Hope y'all don't mind, I wont be clarifying her sickness cause I don't want to mess around and say the wrong thing. I'm also just not that smart smhhhh

<3