No Regrets

[Clara's pov]

I heard a knock on the door and rushed to answer it. But when I opened the door Cesar stood there with a worried look on his face.
"Morning?" I said a little confused to why Cesar was at my door so early.
"Hey." He looked down at his feet with his hands in his pocket.
"You okay kid?" He looked back up at me still with worry.
"Uh- Monse's mom died. Her funeral's tomorrow." With that he turned and walked back to his place. I saw Oscar standing on their front porch. Then they both walked inside and I had no choice but to do the same.

----

I walked to Jamal's house which wasn't too far from mine. We were supposed to go to the funeral together but as I got closer to his house I spotted a red car parked upfront. I saw Oscar talking to someone and as I got even closer I realized he was talking to Jamal. That's new. I walked over to the car and felt my heart start pounding.
"Hey." I bent over to see through Oscar's window to Jamal.
"Well if it isn't Clara slash Kindness slash your girlfriend." He said dramatically as he looked straight at Oscar who kept his eyes straight ahead. "Now will you drop US off to the funeral?" Jamal asked referring to the two of us. 
"I thought we were catching the bus?" I looked at Jamal confused.
"Just get in." Oscar rolled his eyes and got out to let me in.
He's definitely pissed.

"Thanks for the ride." Jamal smiled awkwardly at Oscar as we pulled up to where the funeral was being held. Oscar gave him a small nod and Jamal jumped out. I could see I was the last person he was in the mood for so I jumped out the car through Jamal's side without saying anything. As I approached the house I felt my body freeze as I watched all the people dressed in black walk straight in. Their sobs filling my ears getting louder and louder. This is going to be my funeral soon. I tried to take a step forward but everything in me was telling me no. I couldn't do it.

[Oscar's pov]

I watched her approach the house but she froze a metre away from the door. I contemplated hopping out and checking up on her but I couldn't. I put my hands on the steering wheel getting ready to drive off.
"Ah shit." I said to myself before I got out of the car and made my way over to her. She turned to run but slammed into my chest instead. "Hey hey you okay?" She started crying and I could feel her tears soak into my shirt.
"I cant do it. I cant be here." She looked up at me with tears rushing down her face. I swallowed my anger and pulled her in.
"You don't have to be here." I took her back to my car and we drove off. I hate seeing her like this.

I parked the car in my driveway and we both got out. She gave me a long hug and I couldn't help  but hold her tighter than I usually do. For some reason everything I do with Clara feels like the last. She broke the hug and looked up at me with an innocent smile on her face.
"I should probably go home." She turned to leave. Why the fuck does this feel like goodbye?
"Can I come?" She paused and slowly turned around.
"Yeah." She let out a sigh of relief and I followed her to her place.

[Clara's pov]

"Care Bear is that you?" I heard my dad ask from the living room as Oscar and I walked in.
"Yeah it's me." I answered as we made our way to my bedroom. We sat on opposite sides of the bed looking everywhere but at each other. I felt like I was sitting with a stranger. Things were so awkward.
"So... Care Bear?" He broke the silence and I could tell he was trying to lighten things up.
"Shut up." We both laughed and things were starting to lift up a bit. "I'm really sorry for everything Oscar." We locked eyes and he moved in closer.
"It's okay. Let's just not talk about that right now." He sat against my headboard and pulled me onto his lap. I cuddled up against him and rested my head on his neck.
"You're taking this way too well." I said softly trying not to ruin the moment.
"Weren't you the one that said you liked to live-in-the-moment?" He tilted his head to look at me and I was speechless. I smiled up at him and he kissed me. "The way I see it I could either stay mad at you and regret it or... love you the best I can with no regrets." He looked me in the eye and piece by piece I could feel my heart begin to break. The thought of leaving this man hurts. I rested my head on his shoulder again and we sat there in a comfortable silence as l watched him hold my hand and rub infinity signs on the surface of my hand with his thumb. Although it breaks my heart to think about I promise to love this man for more than just the rest of my life.