Cared For

[Sad Eyes' pov]

I was on my way home from the store when I seen a girl running and crying. I drove past and looked back to see who it was and it was Clara. I parked up and jumped out to stop her.
"Hey, hey, hey what's wrong hermanita?" She ran into me and continued to cry on my chest. "Get in the car, i'll take you home." I walked her back to my car and we both got in sitting in silence at first. "You gonna tell me who did this or am I gonna have to find out for myself?" She kept her head down and I could see her sleeves were soaked from her tears.
"I-it w-was noth-thing." She stuttered as I drove. I cant stand seeing her like this. I've never seen her this upset before and it breaks my heart.
"You can tell me hermanita. I got you." She gently cleared her throat and tried to calm her breathing but I could tell it was hard.
"It's o-okay, I'm fine Antonio. Really." Her voice cracked and I could tell she was lying. "I just had a bad day that's all."
We pulled up to her house and she wiped away all her tears before getting out.
"I'm gonna give you one last chance to tell me or i'm finding out for myself." She paused in her seat.
"Promise you won't do anything?" I let out a breath and looked at her, giving her a silent promise. Without saying anything she looked through the side mirror and tears started to fill her eyes again. I turned to see who she was looking at and sighed seeing who it was.
Spooky.

----

I walked into the diner and took my usual seat at one of the booths. Usually Clara would be ready to take my order but she hasn't been there the last couple times i've come to the diner. I worry about her a lot. After I finished my food I walked over to the counter where Dwayne was counting cash.
"Can I help you?" He asked without looking up.
"Yeah, is Clara in today?" I was genuinely concerned. Dwayne put the money down and looked up at me with a sympathetic look on his face.
"I'm sorry, she's not here. She won't be in for a while. She's on... sick leave." I nodded at him and left.

----

I looked over to Clara's house then to the Santos house. I know I promised not to... fuck it. I stormed up the front steps and banged on the door as hard as I could.
"SPOOKY! OPEN UP!" I could hear him stomping to the door then it swung open. The anger in me came out and I punched him...

[Oscar's pov]

"Sad Eyes what the fuck?!" I opened the door and he swung at me hitting me in the nose. I don't know what's gotten into him.
"What'd you do to her?!" He shoved me. Of course this is about Kindness.
"I didn't do shit so just drop it fool." He started pushing me again causing me to stumble a bit.
"She wouldn't of cried like that if it was nothing. Stop bullshitting!"
"Calm down compa." I grabbed his shoulders to keep him still. Of the 8 years i've known him, i've never seen him this mad. So much rage in his eyes. He started to calm down a bit but not a lot.
"What'd you do to her Spooky?" He asked in a calmer tone but I could tell he was still angry. He really cared about this girl. But why?
"Why do you care so much?" I asked. He's never been this mad at me, especially over a girl.
"She's like a sister to me. Been there for me since I met her and i've never had to reciprocate cause nobody in Freeridge hates her as much as you!" He started to raise his voice again and pushed my hands off his shoulders.

"Look I didn't do anything. You know I wouldn't hurt a girl like that." He looked away annoyed cause he knows I wouldn't. "I just said some things that might've been taken the wrong way." Sad Eyes stepped towards me and looked me dead in the eye before saying:
"Fix It."

----

I couldn't sleep so I just lied in bed staring at the ceiling. All I could think about was the way I raised my voice at Kindness. I only said those things because I don't wanna see her hurt. I didn't mean to be the one to hurt her... I should talk to her. I got up and threw on a grey flannel shirt but when I opened the door Cesar stood there with an angry look on his face. I rolled my eyes. Not you too.
"Latrelle rolled up on me and Monse." Wait, what.
Kindness is gonna have to wait. I've got bigger problems now.