Feeling Content

[Oscar's pov]

I saw Clara and her family getting home late which was unusual so I made my way over to check up on them... mostly Clara.

[Clara's pov]

We got home and things felt different. It didn't even feel like my home anymore.
"Get some rest Care Bear." My dad kissed my forehead before we all left to our rooms. As soon as I walked into my bedroom there was a knock on the window and I kid you not I almost peed myself. Then I saw who it was and I really was not in the mood for talking. I opened my window and Oscar stood there with his hands in his pockets and an apologetic look on his face. I climbed out and we both just sat with our backs against the house. Out of all the abnormal events that have happened today, sitting here with Oscar felt so normal.

[Oscar's pov]

"Everything good?" I asked as she hugged her knees.
"Yeah." She whispered. She seemed upset and I don't think I was the reason this time.
"What's wrong?" She rested her head on her knees and hesitated her answer.
"Nothing." Before I could say anything else I saw a white hospital band on her wrist. 
Shit. Is she pregnant?  She caught me looking at her wrist and quickly pulled her sleeve down.
"I'm not pregnant if that's what you're thinking." Oh thank God.
"So what's that for?" I asked referring to her wristband.
"I'd rather not talk about it." Her voice cracked and I didn't wanna risk making her cry again so I swallowed my questions. Then I felt her head on my shoulder and the world went quiet.

[Clara's pov]

We sat there for a while. One thing I love about Oscar is how he doesn't linger too long on a topic if I don't want to talk about it. I tilted my head so I could look at him. I don't think I could ever get enough of this view. He turned to look at me and my God is he perfect.
"You're a good person Oscar... I can see it in you" His eyes dropped.
"That makes one person." He said as he looked back up at me. I really do see good in Oscar. He deserves so much more than the life he's living right now and I hope he makes it out. We locked eyes for a second and he started leaning in, then I felt our lips connect. The kiss was deep and warm. If only I could stay here forever. Then everything that happened today flashed before my eyes and I pulled away. He looked at me disappointed.
"I shouldn't have done that." He looked away embarrassed.
"No it's not you! I'm just tired." ... and sick.
"Oh okay, i'll go." He went to leave but I grabbed his arm. I couldn't let him leave thinking I didn't want him. Because I really do.
"Goodnight Oscar." I gave him a small smile and a quick kiss before climbing back into my room.
"Is this gonna become a thing?" He smirked and stepped closer to the window. 
Was he asking me out?

[Oscar's pov]

"Is this gonna become a thing?" I stepped closer to her window and she looked at me with bright eyes.
"If you're trying to ask me out, you need to work on that..." I let out a small laugh before leaning in and kissing her cheek.
"Is that a yes?" I looked into her eyes and she softly nodded causing me to chuckle. "Goodnight Clara." I kissed her other cheek before heading home. I couldn't help but smile to myself.

For the first time in a long time i'm feeling content. I'm actually happy about something. 
Who knew?

****

A/N:
Short chapter for today X 
Don't forget to vote or comment! But like don't come at me for my shitty writing... please lmao. I'm actually trying to make this as decent as possible!

<3