In The Dark

𝕊𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

[Oscar's pov]

I've never been this mad at Clara and I hate it. Sad Eyes hasn't said shit to me since I went off at her last week which is unusual. Cuchillos kidnapped Cesar and his friends and ordered them to find Lil Ricky but what has me stumped is how come she didn't kidnap Clara? I know she was with the others when they were taken? Clara and I haven't spoken since last week and honestly i'm not even sure if we're still together. I miss her but i'm sick of fighting and always being the one to apologise.

There was a knock on my bedroom door and Cesar came in with an awkward look on his face.
"What?" I sat up and grabbed my gun off my nightstand out of reflex.
"Um you have a visitor..." He slowly backed out of my room and lead the way to the living room where a man was sitting upright on the couch with his hands together. It was Clara's dad.
"Ah Spooky, I think it's time we properly met." He stood up and extended his hand for me to shake. "Alberto Simerra."
"Oscar Diaz." I hesitantly shook his hand and we both sat down.
"I'll be at Ruby's." Cesar said before leaving me in an awkward situation with Clara's dad.
"So uh- do you want something to drink?" Please say no. We only got beer.
"No that's okay." He flashed a smile that mirrored Clara's.
"Is everything okay?" I was still curious to why he was really here but his smile slowly faded and he looked at me with a different light in his eyes.
"Listen here big man. I don't care if you're in a gang or if you're the leader." I didn't know where this conversation was going but I sat there mentally preparing myself for whatever blame he had on me. I'm used to this shit so it aint hard or anything. "... if you break her heart I will kill you." He took a deep breath and looked at me, wiping away the stern expression he just had and replacing it with a small smile.
"I wont." I answered and he looked at me unconvinced.
"How do I know that?" I had to think for a moment.
"Because I love her." He went quiet for a bit. He then got up and held a hand out for me to shake again.
"It was nice meeting you big man. You're not as Spooky as I thought you'd be." He laughed and I just smiled nervously.

[Clara's pov]

I haven't been feeling too great these last few days and my body's been getting colder and colder. I've been feeling more weak lately but I try not to let it show because my parents will worry more than they need to. I'm okay really... kinda. I still think about what Antonio said and what hurts the most is the fact that I know he's right. I should've told Oscar a long time ago. The longer I keep it from him the harder it is for me to actually tell him. I'm scared to tell him because... what if he hates me?

I got up and made my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water because that's all my body won't throw up. I looked through the window and saw my dad walking out of the Santos house. I felt my hands loosen and the glass cup in my hand hit the floor, shattering into pieces.
"Mija!" My mom ran over and examined my hands for injuries.
"I'm fine ma." I dropped to my knees and picked up the glass pieces that I could and put them in the bin. My mom came back with the broom to clean up my mess. "Here, I got it." I smiled at her and she handed me the broom.
"Are you okay mija?"
"I'm okay ma. I'm just tired." She rubbed my shoulder and went back to living room. I finished up in the kitchen and walked outside to see where my dad had disappeared to only to see he was sitting on the porch.
"Come sit." He patted the seat beside him for me to sit.
"What were you doing at Oscar's?" I blurted out. He chuckled and looked at me.
"I thought it was time for me to meet the man who has my babygirl's heart." I mentally rolled my eyes and laughed at his cute answer but then his smile slowly faded. "Does he know that you're sick mija?" We sat and stared at the house across the road.
"No." I whispered ashamed.
"You cant leave him in the dark mija. He loves you." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it. My eyes filled with water and I understood where my dad was coming from. It was just hard to accept.
"What if I don't know how to?" My voice cracked and I couldn't stop my tears from falling so he wrapped his arms around me and rocked me. Only my father knew how to comfort me and my heart really hurt for him and my ma. They tried for years to have a child and now they have to say goodbye. Because my stupid body doesn't want to function normally. I just wish I was normal. I wish I could just live my life and be happy.
"Well I just gave him the 'dad talk' so you should be fine." He cheekily laughed to lighten up the mood. Then he put his hand on my cheek. "But it's going to break his heart if he finds out from anyone who isn't you."

----

The pools was packed and I didn't want to come but Jasmin basically dragged me here. I guess I needed the fresh air.
"See fun right?" Jasmin looked at me excitedly as we laid our towels down flat to lie on. "Why you here dressed like Monse anyway girl?" She tugged at my oversized shirt and Monse rolled her eyes ignoring her remark. I took it off revealing the bikini I had on underneath and decided I may as well sun bathe while i'm out. It's obvious i've gone pale. I closed my eyes and felt my body relax.
"Hola mami." I heard a voice speak from above me. My body tensed as I opened my eyes and seen some random, shirtless man smiling at me.
"Hi." I said awkwardly as I propped myself up with my elbows. I looked around for Jasmin and Monse but they weren't there and the guy was intimidating. I've never been in this situation before so I didn't know what to do.
"You lookin fine. You single?" Before I could answer I saw Oscar storming over. 
Oh thank God my boyfriend's here.

[Oscar's pov]

I marched over to some guy that looked like he was bothering my Clara and stood in front of him.
"You lost fool?" The man put his hands up like he was surrendering and backed off. I turned around and Clara was laid back down with her eyes closed. I crouched down beside her and I know she felt me there because the pace of her breathing picked up. "Can we talk?" She stayed quiet. I hate it when she does this. "Fine i'm going for a swim. Come find me when you're done being childish." I took my shirt off and turned to leave then I felt something rush past me.
"I'll race ya!" She ran and jumped in the the pool and I followed in after her.
"I let you win." She rolled her eyes and splashed water at me then swam off. We played around for a bit before Jasmin called her to put sunscreen on her back so I just leaned on the edge of the pool and waited for her. Then it hit me. I'm so bored without her. Nothing else excites me anymore. I should've never gone off at her for caring about me. I realise now that nothing else mattered more to me.
Just her.
She came back and sat on the edge beside me with her feet in the water.
"What're you thinking about?" She watched her feet move around in the water as she waited for an answer.
"You." I moved to stand between her legs and put my hands on the bare skin of her thighs. She smiled down at me and kissed me.
"I'm sorry for being a horrible girlfriend." She pouted at me and I couldn't be mad at her cute face. I smiled and kissed her again.
"You're perfect, hermosa." She smiled and I felt like it had been a while since i'd seen a genuine smile on this girl's face. "I love you." Her smile disappeared and her eyes dropped. We've been together for almost 6 months but shit am I moving too fast?
"I have to tell you something..." The amount of assumptions that flew through my head in that moment scared me. She scared me.