Mean And Annoying

[Clara's pov]

I was on my way home from work when Jamal texted:

J.
Meet at Ruby's.

Me.
Omw

I know the doctor said it's normal for me to be tired but i've been feeling extremely exhausted lately. Dwayne's been making me wait tables now so i'm on my feet almost everyday. By the time I got to Ruby's house I was hella tired. I walked in and sat down on the couch while Jamal was arguing with the others. I don't know why but he was wearing an eye patch. He looked at me to back him up but I was too tired to say anything. I rested my head on the armrest and my eye lids started to feel heavy and even with all the arguing around me, I fell asleep.

[Oscar's pov]

Sad Eyes called me saying someone had shot one of the homies so I went to the Martinez house because that's where Cesar said he'd be after his run. He hasn't been answering his phone and honestly i'm worried. Turner's kid opened the door but then slammed it in my face. The nerve. He opened it again with a scared look on his face.
"You seen Cesar? He ain't answering his phone" I scanned the room behind him but I there was no sign of my brother.
"He's not here. His phone's broken. Not that anyone broke it. It just died... of natural causes." He said awkwardly.
"Well if you see him, tell him i'm looking for him." I turned to leave and he slammed the door again. I called Sad Eyes but before I could say anything I see a cop car driving towards me so I ran back inside the Martinez house. Then I hear the cop announce that the neighbourhood's on lock down. Where the fuck is Cesar.
"I said we're stuck in the house with Oscar!" I hear Turner's kid yell to the others. 
Great. I'm stuck in the house with these kids
I walked over to the couch and Kindness was just lying there asleep. How can she sleep through all of this noise? I sat down on the other side of the couch and Jamal came and sat between us.
"Do you need anything? Something to eat, drink-"
"Personal space." He got up and sat on the armrest beside me. As if this is any better. I scooted over, closing the gap between me and Kindness but Jamal moves from the armrest to where I was previously sitting.
"What do you want?!" I raised my voice and he jumped back up onto the armrest.
"Can I ask you something?" I rolled my eyes. I really don't want to be here.
"If I say yes will you leave me alone?" He frantically nodded. "Fine."
He started asking me about Lil Ricky so I gave him my honest answer.
"Do I scare you?" He looked at me and nodded. "Well he scares me." He slowly got up and to sit on one of the other seats. Finally, some peace. 
I looked over at Kindness who was still sleeping, even after all the sirens and yelling. Not gonna lie, she sleeps kinda pretty.
"Ahem!" Jamal cleared his throat dramatically, staring at me staring at Kindness so I quickly looked away.
"What?"
"Nothing." He got up and ran to the dining area where the others were.
"You're sitting really close." I heard a voice mumble from beside me. Kindness still had her eyes closed so I guess she doesn't know it's me.
"Sorry." I moved back to the other side of the couch and she opened her eyes and looked at me with her head tilted.
"What are you doing here?" Before I could answer, my phone rang. Thank God. I'm not in the mood for her. I looked down at the caller I.D and it was Sad Eyes.
"Tell Antonio I said hi." She said looking at my phone. Okay nosy.

[Clara's pov]

"Tell Antonio I said hi." I saw the name 'Sad Eyes' pop up on his screen. Spooky looked at me with an eyebrow raised.
"Where can I take this?" He ignored my comment and asked the others. Ruby told him that the bathroom was free and after he left Jamal came over and sat beside me.
"So according to Oscar, Lil Ricky is scary." His name's Oscar? Jamal started rambling but all I can think about is ... well, Oscar. Out of nowhere Jasmin came running, to where Jamal and I were sitting, holding her couchie.
"I really need to pee guys." She started jumping up and down and Jamal got up.
"That sounds like a girl problem." He put his hands up and backed away slowly. I looked back at Jasmin and she was giving me the puppy dog eyes.
"Can you please tell Spooky I gotta use the bathroom?" She pleaded but I just looked at her confused.
"Wait why me?" I don't know if you haven't noticed, he doesn't exactly like me very much.
"Because you're Kindness. Everybody likes Kindness." Not Spooky.
Before I could say anything she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the bathroom. She knocked on the door and ran back to the kitchen leaving me to deal with whatever mood Spooky was in today.
"What?!" Spooky opened the door and scowled at me with his phone pressed to his ear.
"Jasmin needs to use the bathroom."
"Well where is she?" He looked past me but Jasmin wasn't there because she decided to flee. "It's just Kindness." He said into his phone. Seconds later he rolled his eyes and handed me the phone.
"Antonio?" I asked taking the phone. He nodded and looked away annoyed. "Hello?"

"You okay Clara?"

"Yeah i'm okay, are you?" I replied. Spooky ran his hand down his face and leaned on the doorframe still visibly annoyed.

"I'm good, don't worry about me. You just stay safe out here. The streets ain't safe. You need anything, call me okay?"

"Okay, thank you."
I'm glad I can talk to Antonio. Ever since that first convo at the diner, he's been coming in more often. Usually just to talk about his ruca problems and eat. But I like it cause it's the only time I really get to sit down and talk about random stuff. I handed back Spooky's phone and he snatched it off me. Geez.
"Are you always mean?" I asked, genuinely wanting an answer. He cant be.
"Are you always annoying?" He snapped back and slammed the door shut. I knew he hated me.

****

A/N:
Okay so I just had a fat editing sesh, so hopefully everything makes a little more sense. I didn't change the storyline or anything major just fixed my stank ass english lmao. But hey thanks for reading! Madly appreciate y'all. <3