5: Silver

Chapter 5

-Tatiana Arianell Hunter -

"Is anybody home? Hello!"

I felt like a complete stranger as I entered my own home.

It was as if I was not the same Tatiana who left this house hours ago. The Tatiana that came back is far different now.

The safe haven I call my home, where I was born and raised, I can't seem to call it that anymore.

I feel different here. I felt like I didn't belong, like an outsider.

Please don't do this. Go see our mate...

The voice once again begged in my mind. I decided to block it out since I don't even know what the heck it's talking about or why it's there even in the first place.

"Tatiana? Oh my dearest daughter! Tatia!"

I almost cried in joy when I finally found the familiar face of my mother. She looked so surprised, but at the same time so relieved and happy. She instantly ran and pulled me into a hug as if we hadn't seen each other in ten years.

But that might be the case now. We're not going to see each other anymore after this.

Mom released me as she gently touched each side of my face and examined my body. She let out a soft gasp as she pushed the sleeve of my shirt down and found the ugly deep scratch of that she-wolf.

"Oh my goodness! You really are scratched --and whose shirt is that even you're wearing? Also, how did you get here? Oh my, this is all my fault. If only I--"

I sighed and held down both her shoulders for her to stop.

"Mom, please! I can't process everything you are saying all at once, but I am fine. For now. " I sighed sadly, but Mom only shook her head and let out a heartbreaking sob, making me frown even more deeply now.

I looked down at my feet and only then did I realise that I was walking barefoot and not even wearing my top that I had been wearing before, but instead I was wearing a really large black shirt. Thankfully, I was still wearing my track pants.

My eyes widened when all of a sudden my nose was hit by an incredible smell of mint, warm cocoa, and something else that I couldn't put my finger on, but the smell was intoxicating. It almost has the same smell as the Alpha--

Oh God.

Our mate sure smells delicious...

There goes that stupid voice again.

"Tatia! Listen to me, my darling!"

I snapped back from all my stupid thoughts as it was Mom's turn to hold both my shoulders. She dried her tears and looked so serious this time.

"I want you to tell me honestly, the guy who owns that shirt you're wearing and who brought you home, is he the Alpha Prince Atlas Fenrir of the Mystical Pack?"

This is now beyond me. I narrowed my eyebrows at my mother as everything just didn't seem right anymore.

How? What?

"We don't have time, my darling girl. I know you're confused and scared, but please just answer my questions. We don't have the time to dilly dally. Is the Alpha Prince Atlas your mate?"

What the heck?

"That's what he was calling me, Mom. I seriously don't understand what's happening." I groaned as I brought my hand to my face as I rubbed it stressfully.