19: Luna Queen

Chapter 19

-Atlas Cole Fenrir-

"That's way faster than I anticipated." My sister's voice was immediately the first thing I heard as we came out of the portal back to our house.

Thankfully, before I could message Sabine, She already portaled herself to our location so that we could get back to our pack just in time without catching a flight.

My twin sister was hurt, and I know that because I definitely felt it. No one knows why, but we twins are just very attached and linked to each other. Just like with our mates, who can feel our pain, etc., with my sister and I, we also feel the pain of one another, and we can help each other by just being there so that the one who's hurt can heal faster. But when we are far away from each other, the pain gets worse for us.

So I'm really thankful for Sabine.

"After what happened last time, I'm not chancing it again." I instantly walked to her side so that I could examine her. She's in their bed, lying down, and glaring at me as if I were the one who attacked her.

"So what happened here?" Tatiana questioned.

She also requested that Quincy take Maverick to the pool at the back of the house so that he could swim and rest. Our son hasn't swum in seawater since we went to Japan. He needs the water every now and then, so I had our pool water replaced by fresh Caribbean sea water so that Maverick could still feel at home.

"Tweedledee and Tweedledum happened. Brett and Sander." My sister rolled her eyes.

Of course, they just happened to be here in New York at the same time my mate beat up Paxton.

"Who are they?"

"Brett is Paxton's older brother, and Sander is another one of our many cousins," I explained to her.

Apparently, Brett is also one of the three big Alphas in France, just like Paxton, and the third one is their youngest sister. On the other hand, Sander is the next in line for Alpha in Wales.

"They attacked where?" I asked.

"While I was on my way to Starbucks." Audrey lets out a low growl as she pulls herself up and sits in her bed, considering that she's fully healed now.

"Funny, we were also there in Starbucks in London." I was also holding my espresso that I have not yet drunk.

"Well, apparently we have a huge pack who doesn't have a fresh-brewed espresso! I mean, who drinks instant coffee?" she scoffed.

Obviously, both of us don't.

"I do."

"I do too."

"Well, most of the people living here do, Addie, as most of us here aren't exactly royals or nobles." Zion chuckled at his mate.

"Whatever, a girl needs a fresh-brewed espresso too, you know."

Well, I couldn't actually argue with her since I do agree as well. We were born and raised in an enchanted kingdom where we usually eat and drink fresh and organic foods, not instant.

"Oh! You already have a cup of brewed espresso. I'll take that. Thank you, Attie."

I swear, Audrey let out a huge grin upon seeing my cup of espresso, which she eagerly took from my arms before I could say a thing.

"Not entirely welcome, Addie."

I should've drank that a little while ago, but I was so focused on my mate's now-ex-boyfriend making sure he didn't try anything towards my mate that I just forgot. Me and Maverick both saw glaring holes in that guy.