11: Lachlan

Chapter 11

-Tatiana Arianell Hunter-

"So what exactly are these hunter slavers? I mean, I've never heard of them before, but surely they're just the same as my family, right?" I asked as I breathed in the fresh air of the Caribbean Seas, more specifically here in Cuba, where the portal transported us.

"Oh no, little Artemis, the New York Hunters are a lot better than those savage Hunter Slavers. Honestly, even though I hate your father, no offence, I'd pick him and his hunters over those savages any time." Atlas explained that as he removed his jacket suit because of the heat, he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together, creating another wave of that magical spark, but I ignored it at the moment as we walked.

This is a serious matter.

"I don't quite understand."

"Simple. Your family strictly lives and hunts according to your code of rules. But them? They only hunt for money—as much as they can possibly get for any targeted supernatural creatures they enslave. Hence, we call them "Hunter Slavers." He pauses, then continues.

"They don't care for women or children; they'll either kill or sell them all for the sake of money, those savage fools." Atlas' face was calm, but I could see in his eyes how enraged he was.

"So now they are targeting the Merfolk?"

I couldn't believe that there were hunters like those who existed. Does Dad even know about this?

"Unfortunately so. But we'll do everything we can to stop them, okay?" Atlas stopped for a moment and looked down at me in the eyes, making me gulp. The way his eyes were looking at mine, it was as if he were looking through my soul.

"Definitely." I smiled and patted his shoulder, and we continued once again.

"How come other people don't know about this place here in Cuba?"

"It's been glamoured and protected by my mother. But it seems those savages managed once again to find a loophole through it."

So I'm guessing the Merfolk who were living here are under the Faerie Queen as well, since she's the one who's protecting them.

"Hang on. I can smell the foul scent of the trespassers; they are not far." He stopped again in his tracks and took a long sniff at the air. Whoa.

"How do you actually learn to activate your supernatural nose to smell scents?" I asked, upset that I couldn't even smell a thing that he was smelling.

"It is usually your wolf—wait a minute, have you and your wolf been getting along, honestly?" He chuckled.

Damn mutt.

"No, that freaking Talyia mutt doesn't listen to a single thing I say. She prefers to insult me more than to help." I rolled my eyes.

"The way you would call her that word truly offends the both of you, not just her, you know."

Honestly, I don't care.

"I know, but it actually offends her a lot more than me, and if it is offending you and Colvyr, well, I'm sorry in advance." I smiled, and he only shakes his head and smiles down at me, but seconds later, his face is in full serious alert mode.

"They're close now! Stay here while I go ahead and check, Tatiana. " My eyes widened when, suddenly, he let go of my hand and placed a kiss on my forehead before running towards the scent he was smelling.

"Atlas! Wait! Oh, freaking great. " I yelled, but it did nothing.

Great. What happened to being together?