22: The Broken Luna

Chapter 22

-Tatiana Arianell Hunter-

"I trust that you will take care of our baby, Q?" I couldn't help but ask again, although I already knew that Quincy would absolutely take care of our son and wouldn't let anything happen to him, but a mother always has to make sure.

I was holding my baby in my arms, saying goodbye while I was showering his cute little face with lots of kisses.

"And I trust that you won't let the pack burn to ashes while we're gone?" Atlas added with a raised eyebrow as he seriously looked at our silly friend, who was making mocking faces at him.

Usually, whenever Atlas and I are away from the pack, it is supposed to be Zion's duty as the Beta of the pack to stay and take on the role of the Alpha's second in command to secure the safety of the pack and its members. But since Audrey was the one being summoned to the council, it was also Zion's primary duty to be by his mate's side. So the job of protecting the pack while the four of us are away once again was left to the pack's Gamma, Quincy.

Our one hell of a drama queen, Gamma,

"No promises, Alpha A." Quincy joked and smiled innocently, making me chuckle and Maverick laugh out loud.

However, it did the opposite to my grumpy big bad alpha mate, who did not like the slightest joking way of disrespect even from his friend as he growled at him. But then again, we all know Quincy; he did not even faze and only smiled and playfully saluted.

"Give it a rest, Attie. You know you will never win against the contagious sass of our dearest Quincy." Audrey walks in and smiles amusingly at his brother, who only rolls his eyes in return.

"Just make sure everything and everyone is as they were when we came back. Let's go." Atlas sighed in surrender, then he turned to me and smiled at our baby as he ruffled his dark fluffy hair and kissed his chubby cheek.

"Behave, okay, buddy? But it wouldn't hurt to give Quincy a little bit of trouble that will make him pee his pants."

I gave him a glare as he told our laughing son that, but he only winked and walked towards his sister.

"We'll be back before you know it. I love you, Mavi baby." I smiled brightly at my baby, who gave me one of his biggest grins.

"I love you too, Mama. Bye bye," Maverick replied after he gave me a kiss. I carefully gave him to Quincy.

"Alright, Zion's already waiting for us outside."

***

"How are you feeling, my little Artemis?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and blinked several times as I looked at my mate and the two of my friends who were curiously staring at me.

"I don't know," I whispered and looked away, avoiding their intense stares.

Honestly, I feel nervous and mostly scared; I feel very uneasy, and I'm positively sure that this day will not end well for me, not with my dad; he will never let me live my life in peace.

We were finally here in the Council's headquarters, which is oddly moving around in every part of the world each time there's a meeting being held. I guess that's for the security of the place, and right now we were somewhere in Asia.

We were a bit early, though, as the council leaders and my family still weren't here yet, but I guess that was a good thing so that I could still have more time. Heck, I don't even know what time I'm talking about. Time for what exactly?

You know, you can easily beat your old man.

Talyia surprisingly spoke to my mind. That's weird.