10: Faerie Queen

Chapter 10

-Tatiana Arianell Hunter-

I imagined the Queen of the Faeries to look more like a holy goddess, like the sparkling and holy version of her already perfect twins, Atlas and Audrey. I imagined her to be a mixture of the Tinkerbell faeries I used to watch as a child, all magical and glittery.

But I was more than amazed to see her face-to-face for the first time. She's truly the epitome of regality and perfection with her long scarlet hair and blue eyes, just like Audrey. She also has slightly pointed ears, like most faeries I've seen here. Also, like her children, she also bears the same red vine marking on each side of her face. Lastly, she was wearing a long and flowy white dress and an intricate golden circlet as a crown.

The twins obviously inherited a lot from their mother's physical appearance, especially Audrey.

But I never imagined seeing the Faerie Queen looking the same age as Third. A twelve-year-old child.

"Son, why do you reek of blood?" Her eyebrows raised as she looked at Atlas beside me.

As she was the Queen, she was seated on her golden throne, filled with flowers and leaves all around her.

Gee, after not seeing her children for three years, she's not even going to hug or kiss them? And those are the words she decided to speak to his son?

She is one hell of a cold-hearted queen.

"Rouges." Atlas simply answered.

Before we portalled to the Faerie land entrance, which is down the stupid lake, Atlas and Zion had to deal with a couple of rouges on the loose near the territory.

"Come here, I don't like your foul smell. It ruins my appetite." Her little twelve years old pubescent voice commanded.

I watched as Atlas rolled his eyes, instantly losing his calm composure again as he walked towards his mother who was in the body of a twelve-year-old girl. Surely that's not her original body or form. Right?

"Does she always do that?" I whispered to Audrey.

"Unfortunately, that's kind of her hobby, but actually, Mother's already in her late nineties. Perks of being the Queen of the Faeries." She whispered back to me and Zion chuckled beside her. My eyes widened again as I stared at the Queen.

Whoa, that's quite an age.

So she was in her seventies when she met her husband and gave birth to her children? Okay then. But hey, she is the Queen of the Faeries, and even though I know they're not exactly immortal, their age is different than ours.

I stopped my thoughts and instead watched as the Queen blew wind in her son's face, who stood in front of her, and after that, my breath suddenly hitched.

Delectable...

I could feel Talyia drooling.

Oh, that sweet aroma coming from Atlas. What kind of sorcery did that woman use?

Whatever it was, I'm digging it. Mate smells even more heavenly...

Talyia was sure as hell happy, and honestly, so was I.

"Now then!" The Queen clapped her hands and smiled at us while Atlas grumpily walked and stood beside me again.

"Zion Alexandre, you're looking just as fine as three years ago. I trust that you have been taking good care of my daughter." She faced Zion with a serious look on her face. Although it's really hard to look at and get serious with that face of a child,