16: Leonard

Chapter 16

-Tatiana Arianell Hunter-

"I'm sorry, Mama and Papa Atlas. Please don't send me away."

Maverick was sobbing his little heart out while I frowned and continued to hold him in my arms while softly patting his back.

It turns out that the two boys had a little fight that resulted in John crying, and the reason was that Maverick broke his toy train collection, and we are still trying to find out why he did it. I mean, there just might be a reason; Maverick can't do anything like that without a reason. Although I've only known him for two days, I adore this kid, and I know he's extremely soft and sensitive. Breaking another kid's toys is way out of his character.

"We are not going to send you anywhere, buddy. We already explained that to you." Atlas sighed heavily and looked up to Jane, apologising again.

I'm just glad that she wasn't mad at all; like us, she only wanted to know why our son did that while Kiato was outside trying to calm their son down.

I placed Maverick on the floor and crouched down to his eye level, cupping his soft, chubby cheek, making him look up at me while wiping off his tears. I then asked,

"But why did you do that, sweetie?"

Atlas and I love our son dearly and have decided that we are not going to raise him like we were raised by our parents. But the both of us also agreed that we still needed to be firm and strict when disciplining him, as it is now our responsibility for Maverick's upbringing.

"Because I just don't want to be sent away if I don't do what was said to me." He hiccuped, and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"And who exactly was the one who told you to break all of John's toys?" I asked again, more clearly this time.

"She told me not to tell," he whispered, looking down at both his little hands.

But I already know exactly who it was. I looked up at Atlas, who sighed heavily as he looked at me, knowing he also knew exactly who our son was talking about.

"It's Audrey."

"That twin sister of yours, Attie, just never gets old. Of course, she would even use a child just to get to me." Jane shakes her head unbelievably.

However, my heart ached at the sight of my still-crying baby boy, who was always saying that he just didn't want to be sent away.

"Kokorokara owabi mōshiagemasu, shin'ainaru itoko. I'll deal with that twin sister of mine when we get back to New York." (I sincerely apologise, dear cousin.) Atlas sighed as he nodded to me, so I cautiously handed him our little boy, who he rested on his hips.

"I'm sure you will. Also, Maverick, sweetheart, I just want to say that it's okay and we forgive what you did, but just don't do it again to any other kids, and also stop listening to that mad auntie Audrey of yours, okay? So please stop crying, sweetheart."

I smiled at Jane.

I don't know why Michelle hated her so much when she just looked so kind, simple, and understanding. But hey, I know better than to jump to conclusions without knowing their past and all.

"Mavi baby, also, you must understand that what you did to John is very bad. We don't hurt anyone, and even though you did not physically hurt him, you still made him cry a lot by breaking his toys. Promise me that this will not happen again".

I looked directly at his newly changed chocolate brown eyes (that were more similar to Atlas) with extreme seriousness, and I held my voice full of authority so that he would understand I wasn't playing around with him and would take me seriously.