9: Faerie Court

Chapter 9

-Atlas Cole Fenrir-

"How about you tell me a thing or two about your mom?"

My eyebrows raised as I looked up at my little mate, who had been busy reading a novel called The Great Gatsby on one of the couches. I knew she had just finished training with the young warriors, while I was still stuck with my paperwork, or more likely, with this one particular invitation letter from my Uncle, the Alpha King.

"The first thing I can tell you is that my mother is not the best mother." I simply stated as I went back to the other papers awaiting my signature about some pack treaties while I buried the invitation letter under them.

"No mothers are perfect, Atlas." She said this in a mocking tone, impersonating my voice and accent horribly, making me chuckle.

"I know that, but our mother is just different from most mothers. It's just hard for anyone to understand that. "

I'm most definitely not in the mood to finish this all up now.

"Well, I mean, your mother is the Faerie Queen." Tatiana said, making me sigh heavily as I dropped my pen and slouched back in my seat.

"I guess there's that heavy duty weighing on her shoulders that always comes first than my sister and I." I spat bitterly as I remembered Audrey and I's childhood memories with her, which was almost none.

My usual calm and gentle composure always goes off whenever my mother is the topic, and it's quite funny since I literally inherited those traits from her and they come off because of her as well.

"Atlas---"

Tatiana must have observed my sudden change of mood, which I guess was a new and rare one for her to see. She closed the book she was reading and called for me, but I cut her off.

"She expects that I would do the same as her, to prioritise and make sure that my duties as an Alpha and Prince always come first before myself and my family." I rolled my eyes sarcastically as I said that.

Because honestly, that would be the last thing I would do to my family, to make them feel less and insignificant in my life, just like my mother made my sister and I feel. I promised myself since I was a kid that when I found my mate and we got to have a family of our own, I would also give my attention to them equally as I do with my pack.

I will never ever place Tatiana and our future kids second in my responsibilities and attention, unlike my mother dearest.

The only things I agree with and commend my mother for is her selflessness and her greatness as a queen, but that's just it. That's all I see her as. The same as all of her subjects would see her, as their Queen. I have never seen her as a mother to me and my sister.

"You know, you're not alone in those responsibilities and duties. I'm here and I'm always going to be here for you just like you are with me, Atlas. "

A smile once again graced my lips, and all of the bitter negativity left me after hearing my beautiful mate's words.

I'm so happy that she accepted me as her mate.

"I know and I am truly thankful, my little Artemis."

As I observed this past week, Tatiana is already being a great Luna. Even though she's still settling in with everything, she is already a great Luna. She's a strong and fierce fighter who trains our young warriors, but at the same time, she's also a loving and kind mother to everyone.

I feel so beyond blessed by the Moon Goddess, Selene.

You and I, Atlas.

Colvyr agreed in my head. I could almost picture him grinning foolishly as we both adored the blessing that is our mate.