23: Family

Chapter 23

-Tatiana Arianell Hunter-

"May I call upon Your Royal Highness, Delta Princess Audrey Eira Fenrir of the werewolf and faerie kingdom to please take a stand?" The High Judge, Sir Neville Vykyrie, called upon Audrey.

Sir Neville is the most respected elder of every supernatural creature and also the one whom my (former) family tolerates; he is a powerful sorcerer who's at least four hundred years old, meaning not only is he powerful but he's also the oldest one here. He is a fair and equal judge, but at the same time, that also means he is fierce in giving punishment.

I looked at Audrey on my left side and frowned. She squeezed her mate's hand and gave him a peck on the lips. She gave me a look full of worry, but I only half smiled and nodded at her before she stood up and walked in front of me. She needs to tell the truth about what happened; well, I mean, it's not like she can actually lie.

"It's going to be okay," I whispered next to Atlas. Well, it's more like I was the one who was convincing myself that.

He took a breath and held my hand tightly. It was such a perfect fit. Like our hands were made for one another.

My plan is that after Audrey stands and tells her side of the story, the High Judge will next call my little brother, but since he's still a child, his family members are going to be held responsible for whatever his actions were, so I just need to raise my hand and tell everyone that I will speak in place of Third's side of the story, seeing that I am still his older sister and I was a sole witness of what actually happened that day.

Audrey stood up and walked to the platform. All eyes were on her as everyone went silent, yet her eyes were only focused on Zion, who's probably worried out of his mind at the moment.

"Delta Princess Fenrir, I expect that you will not leave even the tiniest bit of detail behind, nor will you stretch out your words seeing as that you cannot lie. If you are caught, I can assure you that there will be a severe punishment." The High Judge's one eye burned as he looked at Audrey, obviously telling her that he was hella serious.

"Your Majesty, will that be okay with you?" But before that, he first asked the Faerie Queen, who amazingly was in her mid-thirties and sitting with the rest of the other leaders.

"Carry on, Sir Vykyrie; I trust my daughter to be honest." She nodded, and then it began.

"It all happened on the fifth of April; earlier that morning, my mate Zion and I got into an argument over a private matter." She paused and even blushed a little as if she were suddenly remembering what happened, causing her brother to let out a groan beside me.

"What? What's that all about?"

"Trust me, you don't want to know, and frankly, I don't want to say it again," Atlas said beside me, so I just shrugged it out.

Mate means they did the dirty...

Goodness, I know that already! You don't need to say it!

Then you shouldn't have asked, idiot!

Stupid mutt.

"Ahem. So I need to control my aggravated temperamental wolf, Freyia, and I decided to let her out for a run in the nearby woods near our pack territory, which I made sure was not a territory for any humans, let alone Hunters."

All of a sudden, Freyia, Audrey's wolf, appeared for a split second as her eyes suddenly turned into a bright, piercing inferno red colour and her canines elongated as she looked straight at Third, making me gulp. Freyia's obviously still pissed off, big time. And I couldn't blame her.