Chapter Fourteen

"We- we caught a werewolf, by the forest," panted Junghyun, his gaze never breaking away from his brother, as if blaming him for the commotion happening outside.

-

Jeongguk stood straight, staring at the werewolf struggling inside the trap set up by the humans, his eyes full of fury and disappointment. He had done enough actions that possessed the capabilities of getting him caught, and this added to the list.

The adamant werewolf tried to break the trap, but failed to do so. He growled, scowling at every human he sees until his eyes landed on Jeongguk, his Crowned Prince. He gasped and looked down, embarrassed to think of the fact that he failed to accomplish his mission and to be caught by the very person he was avoiding. He was aware that he was not supposed to be in the humans' village, but he knew he did not have any other choice but to follow the command.

"Stop trying, you won't be able to escape," growled Jeongguk, crossing his arms and glaring at the werewolf. "Why, how stupid of you, to go here all by yourself."

Jeongguk continued glaring at the creature, his eyes skimming over the smallest details possessed by the anxious werewolf. He noticed the small wound on his face, and his bleeding foot, which was caused by the bear trap set by the humans in the forest. They have been careful these days and have been laying traps in all places possible, given the sighting of one of the creatures they consider beasts on the night Y/N and Eunha had gone out doing errands.

Jeongguk wanted to know why this werewolf was in the humans' village, and desired to know who instructed him to go here. He looked nothing like someone who would risk his life for the betterment of their kind, nor a soldier of his kingdom. Why, he was as thin as a stick, and looked like someone who would easily be tired. Was it his father who commanded him to go here? Was this done to seek the truth behind his accusation of his brother being alive? Whatever the reason, he wanted to know it.

"May I ask a request, ahjussi? May you please leave this werewolf and I alone? I want to discuss matters with him," asked Jeongguk, looking over Y/N's father as he clenched his fists.

"Why, of course, son! Now, now, let's leave these two alone!" announced Y/N's father as he beckoned everyone to follow him.

"Thank you," smiled Jeongguk, his gaze returning back to the poor werewolf.

Once everyone walked off, Jeongguk stepped forward, gazing at the creature trapped inside the net with so much fury and annoyance, studying his every moves. He huffed, closing his eyes and running his hand through his hair. He wanted to destroy the werewolf, to crush and rip him apart, but he knew he could not do such thing. Such thing would damage his image to the humans, and may later be the cause of the failure of the task given to him. He took a deep breath, circling the trapped creature as he placed his hands on his back.

"What is your purpose here, you foul?" questioned the young man, his eyes still focused on the werewolf. "Your presence here is unwanted."

The trapped creature began to shake, his mind being filled with so much thoughts, most of were negative. He was told to do everything possible to stay out of the sight of the Crowned Prince, and now that he was caged, he was fully aware that he had failed to accomplish that objective. The thought and hope of the promised treasure ought to be his started fading away, along with his pride. But come to think of it, did this poor creature possessed that trait? He was willing to take the opportunity of gaining wealth by doing such a dirty and questionable task, which was all for his own good. The mission given to him did not have any benefits to his kind, kingdom, nor to his family, all this was done because of his greed and desire to enter a life of luxury. One cannot seek the pride in that.