Chapter Twenty

"Fight me," challenged the girl, clenching her fists as she held it up to show her 'determination' to her lover, who to her dismay, just chuckled. "What are you laughing at, punk?"

"If you fight me, you wouldn't even come out alive," murmured Jeongguk, looking down as he played with his fingers. It was true though, that if a human like Y/N would be challenging him into a fight, he would surely be the one winning. But he knew himself that there would not be a day when he has to fight the girl, or so he hoped.

"What was that?" asked Y/N as she looked over the boy next to her. "Did you say something?"

Jeongguk shook his head, reaching over the young woman's hand and taking it in his. He laughed once again, this time because of Y/N's cheeks reddening. He hunched back and whispered, "You look cute whenever you blush."

Y/N kept her head low, as she knew Jeongguk would be teasing her if he sees how red she was. She uttered a low 'shut up', slapping the lad's shoulder as the boy rolled his eyes.

It had been a few weeks since Y/N had answered Jeongguk, and they had been very happy through those days. They kept every memory they had together, Y/N jolting every detail of their lovely dates down her small notebook she brought with her whenever she went. It would sometimes start off as, 'Jeongguk and I went to a nearby pond today! It was sure romantic, but I felt bad for Jeongguk though, as the fishes thought he was one of their kind!' Her entries were funny, although, this was written due to Y/N's jealousy towards Jeongguk as all the fishes swam to the lad more than they did to her during their visit to the small pond.

"Where do you want to go today, Jeongguk?" Y/N questioned, tilting her head.

Jeongguk pondered, thinking of every beautiful places they could go to. But a thought had crossed over his mind- and that was to visit his parents. It had been so many weeks since he had last reported to them, and he knew for sure they were very worried- scratch that, his mother was the only one who felt that way.

"Actually, I'd be very busy today, Y/N. I doubt we'll have the time to hang out," murmured Jeongguk as he sheepishly smiled. "I have to get the table ahjussi was asking me to work on finished. I'm really sorry."

Y/N nodded, smiling as she patted the boy's head. She told him it was fine, as she had work herself too. After a few more minutes of talking to each other, they had finally bid their goodbyes to one another. They had ran to their separate ways, walking off their workplaces. This was not the case for Jeongguk though, as he headed to the forest.

He looked around the dense area, making sure no humans were there to spot him off guard. After he had made sure no one was lurking around, he transformed, shifting into a werewolf, the creature the girl he loves loathes very much.

-

"Jeongguk! I've missed you so much!" exclaimed Jeongguk's mother as she ran to him, a long cloth being held by the woman. She kneeled down, putting the cloth on the werewolf's body as she waited for her son to transform back. "I'm glad you're back here safe and sound."

Jeongguk shifted to his normal form, gripping the cloth offered to him as he pecked his mother's cheek.

"I've missed you too, mother," murmured the lad as he slowly stood up.

Queen Jae-hwa led her son to their chambers, where his clothes were ready for him. Her husband was also waiting in the same room, and was just as excited as Jae-hwa was. It had been a very long time since their son had visited them, and they were very much happy as they received the news of their son entering the kingdom not too long ago.