Chapter Fifteen

"Sh*t," murmured Jeongguk as he looked inside the empty net, sighing. "How did he escape?"

"He ran away when we were transferring him into the bigger cage, and well, let's say we were too weak for the job," Jin-ho answered as he looked down. "I guess he was too strong for us."

Jeongguk huffed, closing his eyes as he rubbed his forehead. If that werewolf was too strong for them, how would the humans even win over him? That werewolf was a weakling, and was nowhere close to Jeongguk's physique. Why, that werewolf only had a percent of Jeongguk's power. Jeongguk has been training his whole life, and has been practicing the ways to become a warrior, and a leader of his kind. It was a simple thing to take the humans down- why, if he wanted to, he could have attacked them already. But obviously, that was not what his father wanted. His father wanted to raid the humans at the right time- the time after Jeongguk had successfully gained their trust and favor. Jeongguk frowned, angry at the idea. Why did he have to stay in the humans' village for a long period of time? And as the result of that action, he was slowly falling in love with one of his supposed enemies- Y/N.

"We could have used your help, son. What were you two doing anyways?" asked Y/N's father, his eyes glimmering with interest.

Both Jeongguk and Y/N blushed, their faces heating up with happiness and embarrassment. Jin-ho coughed, murmuring a small statement of "lovebirds" under his breath. Jeongguk and Y/N stared at each other, laughing when they both looked away. Let's just say, that this was the beginning of the showcase of their love.

-

"You're telling me, you rascal, that you have failed a simple task?" grumbled Chief Lee, his eyebrows twitching. "And to top that failure of yours, the person I clearly told you to avoid caught you."

"I-I'm sorry, master! I apologize for my stupid mistake! B-But please! I beg of you! If you give me another chance, I'm sure it'll be successful-"

"Such nonsense! Do not try to gain anything from me! Such mistake will never repeat again from now on!" fumed the old man, stomping one of his feet and furrowing his brows. "And by that, I mean to never hire you to accomplish any other dirty missions I'll give! You're nothing but a peasant whose greed overpowers his whole being!"

The werewolf stirred, his fists clenching. He had been called a 'peasant' by thousands of people, and he grew accustomed to the name. Why, he grew numb and does not budge to the constant namecalling. It was true his greed was his most obvious trait, and it was true it had the ability to control everything he does. He grew up believing he was a street rat, and with this opportunity given to him, he wanted to be more than that.

"Leave," commanded Chief Lee, gazing at the poor creature. "And never come back."

And with that, Chul dragged the werewolf, growling when the creature fought back. "My lord! Please! I have news! Please- please hear me out," begged the werewolf, glaring at Chul.

"And, what is that?" asked Chief Lee, looking back. "Hurry, boy, we do not have the whole day."

"B-But master, please promise to pay me at least half the prize you promised me."

"Well, in that case, it depends on the information you will be giving me," murmured the man, tapping his fingers on his study.

"W-Well, there's another werewolf in the humans' village, and by its smell, I believe it's of royalty," whispered the creature, gazing up at his so-called master to see if the news he had offered provided a ray of interest.