Chapter Twenty-Two

"I still don't get how your room is much cozier than mine," the young woman whined, throwing her hands around as her eyes focused on her lover's bedroom. " You have only been in here for a couple of months yet yours is much nicer than my room."

"It's because I'm pretty stylish and neat, Y/N," Jeongguk cackled, closing the door behind him as Y/N ran around. "But your room's pretty cozy too."

"So you're telling me I'm not stylish nor neat, punk?" Y/N questioned demandingly, crossing her arms as the boy snickered.

"Maybe?" the young man teased, giving his lover a sly smile.

The two of them laughed, gathering together near Jeongguk's bed. Together, they plopped down on the lad's bed, a few grunts coming from the pair.

"Today was too exhausting," Y/N tiredly murmured, stretching her arms as Jeongguk carefully looked at her.

"It wasn't that bad for me," the boy bragged, smirking as he turned to face the young girl.

"We get it, punk," chuckled Y/N, glaring at her lover.

Just then, a quiet grumble was heard from the girl, specifically coming from her stomach. Jeongguk twitched, looking at Y/N in confusion as he burst laughing. He cackled, throwing his head backwards as he clutched his stomach.

"Hungry, are you?" the boy teased, poking the girl's cheek.

"Yes," Y/N whispered, sitting up. She looked down, too embarrassed to look at the lad in front of her. "But forget about what just had happened, okay?"

Jeongguk slyly nodded, his lips forming into a suspicious smirk. He stood up, reaching both of his hands towards Y/N who was still sitting on the bed. Y/N looked up, grabbing the young man's hands as she let him drag her outside his small house.

"Do you cook, Jeongguk?" questioned the girl, tilting her head as she watched Jeongguk lean over the open fire in the small hut they walked to.

"I do," Jeongguk smiled, grabbing a wooden pot located on a shelf.

Though Jeongguk believed it was much harder to cook in the small huts the humans had called kitchens than it was in the castle, although he did not spend much time in the castle's undercroft, he still would not admit the hard time he was having in able to not worry his lover. If he wanted to make her feel at ease, he would at least learn how to do things to help her.

As they continued talking, with Jeongguk getting everything he needed to cook, multiple chatters caught the two's attention. They looked up, gazing behind them as more people had come to help with dinner.

"Look at you two! Helping out with dinner like a married couple," an old woman said, clasping her hands together as she smiled sweetly.

Everyone in the village had known about the two's relationship with each other already, and they were very much happy with the exciting news. Jeongguk and Y/N had announced it in front of everyone during dinner, and had very much shocked everyone, although we could say it was meant to happen.

Y/N frowned, feeling uncomfortable with the remark. Within these past few days, she had to keep up with the constant compliments from various people about her relationship with Jeongguk, and it made her feel pretty cringed out. She was in love with the idea of falling in love and being in a relationship with the boy she liked, not to be constantly fed up with uncomfortable comments. Although, she was very happy by the fact that everyone supported Jeongguk and her.

"We absolutely are, ahjumma," Jeongguk slowly said, a small smile forming in his lips.

"That's very great," Y/N's father had said, poking his head from the small crowd of people hurrying into the small hut to prepare dinner. "You very much are the best partner my daughter could ever have."