Why are you still wasting your time for someone who doesn't care?

When the nights get too long, and it's dark, darker than the darkest nights, do we still search for someone else to light up the candle or we go ourselves and brighten up the place. We cannot always wait for someone else to come and change our lives.

You are feeling betrayed because you gave all of you. You kept yourself asleep on the nights when all you needed was a sound sleep because they were upset and you wanted to heal them somehow. There were days when you kept waiting for just one text from them while they were partying with their friends. There were days when you left everything just to meet them. And you never complained. You were in love, and you were happy to make them smile.

Everything has ended now. All the years of promises have ended up for nothing. They were with you when it was winter and they needed the warmth of your love. It's spring now and they are gone to pick other owers that they find beautiful. Now, they want to see the sunrise with someone else while you are here watching the sunsets alone.

I understand that you are finding it hard to digest everything. It is too much for you. I understand that all you can think these days are the promises that you two made while talking on the nights that used to appear beautiful then. I understand that you are feeling used.

I am not asking you to forgive them. Don't forget anything. But what you are doing is wrong. You are allowing them to control your life even after they are long gone. You are still wasting your time on someone who doesn't care. I want you to know that you are whole. You do not need someone to feel better. Don't allow this night to get darker, stand up and burn a candle or anything. Make a castle and brighten up your place. You are important.