Truth about breaking up with a boy

Do you ever wonder about the truth they never tell you about breaking up with a boy?

- Truth is, when he leaves, he won't call you at 2:00 am and tell you that he misses you. He probably won't even call at all. Never.
- His friends won't tell you he's not the same without you and that he keeps hesitantly pressing the dial button. Truth is, his friends would pretend they don't know you. They wouldn't even care whether you go back together or not.
- You'll think his soul is aching and that he finds it hard to sleep. That he keeps scrolling through the old conversations and silly polariods. But just because you're hurting, doesn't necessarily mean he is too.
- He won't show up at your door with a bunch of apology notes or bouquet of roses like they do in the movies. Real life is totally far away from that. Truth is, he won't show up at all. And it'll hurt like going through hell and back.
- He won't tell you he still loves you, he won't cry over the phone, he won't accidentally text you.

Heartbreak isn't as beautiful and romantic as they make it seem in books and movies. Real-life heartbreak is entirely devastating, shattering and demolishing our whole being. When they leave, they'll stay gone and that's basically it. No sugarcoating. This is the truth about heartbreak and boys.

The truth no one has the heart to prepare you for.