Maybe he still thinks about you

Maybe he still thinks about you. Maybe you do cross his mind once in a while. Maybe he rereads your chats with him & lets out a tear or two. Maybe he misses how he felt when he was with you. Maybe he misses hearing your laughter. Maybe he has sleepless nights thinking about you & thinking of how you are too. Maybe he thinks of texting you or calling you once in a while. Maybe he is still willing to give up his world for you. And maybe, just maybe he still loves you too.

But if he did, you would've received that message you're waiting for by now. If he still cared, you would've known just by looking into his eyes that time you met him coincidentally. Maybe he does think about you, maybe you do cross his mind quite often, but why isn't he doing anything about it? Now that's what you need to think about. If he loved you enough, he would've stayed. If he cared enough, he would've never bid goodbye without even saying it. He would've fought all the odds to keep his love in shape, but he let it shatter. He let it spread out.

So please, I beg you, please stop justifying his actions. Don't make excuses for him in your head. Maybe he does think about you, but "maybes" are not what you need, surety is what you do. And if you're not sure that you're what he wants, it's time to move forward. You cannot keep your love alive on "maybes" because maybe he still loves you, but if he's doing nothing to attain that love, then it does not matter. It's time to embrace the present and let go of the past.