Chapter 1

You sighed as you stood on a rock.

This is boring.

You took one last scan around the village and then jumped down the cliff, landing on your feet.

Okay, a demon that is disguised as a human, only goes out at night and looks suspicious. If it sees someone lingering around at night, it will go in for the kill.

You reminded yourself once more, searching around.

It's about 11 PM, so they should be coming out soon.

Crack-

"Oh, what's a beauty like you doing out here at night? It's dangerous, I'll have you know~" a voice called behind you.

You slowly turned around, acting all shy and scared.

"W-who are you?" You mustered out, too busy trying to act scared.

The figure slowly emerged, walking in a calm manner.

"A scared Demon Slayer? No- a scared Pillar? Haha! Please, I haven't seen one in ages! Let's toy around a little, shall we-" it started, but it sadly couldn't finish, for your blade as withdrawn.

As it stopped talking, you started to stare at it.

"I do not appreciate someone underestimating me, but I guess it is a norm for me."

He narrowed his eyes at you, looking at your haori. It was a half and half. Left side white, right side black. It had dark red sakura petals falling on black half and lavender petals on the white half.

"What type of Hashira are you anyway?" It sneered.

Smiling, you slightly raised your hand that was wielding the sword you treasured.

"I'm glad you asked! I am the Music Pillar, self trained. That's probably why someone like you doesn't know me!"

It glared at the petite girl.

"I know you full well! You ran away from Master and his assistant when he locked you up to-"

It never finished once again because you had cut its head off in a split second.

"No one," you whispered, "should know that and be alive."

With that, it crumbled away into dust as you were left alone in the midst of the night.

| The Next Night |

You had a mission with the infamous Water Pillar, Giyuu.

The snow was sprinkling on the two of you as you two had lingered in for too long.

"I told you it was going to snow..." you sighed, clutching both arms.

"It isn't as bad as I thought it would be," Giyuu said, eyes glazing over you.

"How bad did you think it would be?" You asked your friend, slightly kicking his ankle.

"Bad enough for you to get buried if you were any smaller."

You rolled your eyes, turning away from the pillar that had a playful twinkle in his eyes.

"I'm not short, I'm just right!" You said, carrying along the path.

"Sure you are, (Y/N)."
______________________________________________

You watched in shock as a boy about your age had been carrying a girl that you presumed could only be his sister on his back.