Chapter 6

A few weeks later, they were all ready to go on.

"We'll be going now! Thank you for your care," Tanjirou said, turning to the old woman that had taken care for you four.

"I shall light some sparks for you..." she said, taking a rock and sparking it towards you all.

"Awe... thank you so much!" You beamed, bowing to her.

"What are you doing, you old hag!!" Inosuke yelled, Tanjirou pulling him back as Zenitsu yelled back at him.

"I'm so sorry about him, ma'am..." you sighed.

The woman smiled and gestured you to come closer.

You couldn't say no to her, she seemed a lot like your grandmother that had passed.

You leaned down, her soft hand cupping your cheek.

"You're so beautiful! You remind me of my youth. Please control those boys... they seem to take a liking to you."

You smiled and took her hand.

"Ah, thank you! Of course I will, I kind of have too... thank you!" You thanked before getting up to leave.

"Also, please get enough sleep soon. I see those bags under your eyes, sweetie," she said to you one last time before entering back in the shelter.

"Ah, (Y/N)-Chan! What did she tell you?" Tanjirou asked, watching you walk in front of him.

"Oh, her?" You asked, turning around and smiling with a finger on your cheek, head slightly tilted.

"I guess you could say we had a girl talk~"

You skipped away, feeling the wind blow on your face.

"Aye, what kind of answer is that?!" Inosuke asked, running up to you.

"Hehe, you won't understand! You guys aren't girls!" You laughed, running further as the three tried to keep up.

Soon, you had run upon the Natagumo Mountain.

"Wait! Can you please wait! IT'S SO SCARY!! IT FEELS SO MUCH MORE SCARIER THE CLOSER WE GET TO OUR DESTINATION!!" Zenitsu cried, holding his legs.

"Why is this guy sitting down... you really piss me off..."

"YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE I DON'T WANT TO GET ANY COMPLAINTS FROM, YOU PIG-HEAD!! SEEMS LIKE YOU DON'T REALLY PISS ME OFF AFTER ALL!! BUT THIS IS NORMAL!! I'M NORMAL, YOU'RE ABNORMAL!!"

You nodded in agreement.

"It truly is normal to feel scared."

You felt something crawling up to you, so you snapped your head over to it.

A Demon Slayer!!

"Save... save me...!" He called, on the floor, dragging himself to you.

You ran to him, ignoring Zenitsu's cries.

"Are you alright?! What happened?!" Tanjiro yelled, running to him.

You noticed something shiney that was connected to the boy.

"Strings!" You yell, but you were too late, for he was thrown into the air, flying back into the mountains void.

"We can't stay here and gasp! I'm a Hashira, and it's my duty to protect those in need! I can't stay on the sidelines any longer!" You said, angered, and ran into the forest without another word.

You all went in, Zenitsu lagging behind.

Cobwebs were everywhere, you just swinging your arm to block it, not caring if it got in your hair.