Chapter 28

"One more time! One more... don't give up, Niko!" You yelled to your beloved sister.

"Right... one more... dammit, why won't you just die, you maggot?!" Niko yelled as you both ran towards Muzan for the 3rd time.

"You have no hope in defeating me at this point!" Muzan laughed.

"That's where... you're wrong... because we've been holding back.." you said, your voice slowly dying out.

"All you've been doing is shouting at each other. Where does that get you?"

"Niko, it's time! I... can't.. take it... anymore!" You sighed.

"... Okay, but I was having fun!" She whined, drawing more blood.

You groaned as you dug your sword into your flesh again.

"Here~ Come on, Muzan!" She taunted.

You rolled your eyes as she stuck her tounge out.

That seemed to be his last and final straw because his monster, that he hadn't used, lunged at her and caught a hold of your haori instead of your sister.

"D-dammit!" You cursed as it rose up and grabbed your waist.

You grabbed your sword and sliced it off of you.

"Niko...! This is... your idea! We can't... have frickn'... help!" You cried.

You landed on the ground, panting.

"I'm sorry!" She apologized.

"Let's get real now!" She smiled, fearing to actually start the procedure.

"Do you think they're going to live?"

"They have to. Well, (Y/N) has to."

"What about Niko?"

"I guess she could live, but I highly doubt it. There's the slimmest possibility of her living. Maybe a 12%."

"Why is it so low?"

"What? I don't make up the rules."

"You're so mean, Jun. What do you have against my older sister?"

Jun rolled his eyes at the boy.

"You wouldn't understand, Haru. You've never fallen in love before."

Haru smiled.

"I died when I was 8. Of course I didn't fall in love."

"Ah-ah-ah. I met (Y/N)-Chan when we were 5 and I confessed when we were 10. I fell in love with her after I got to know her," Jun smiled, shaking his finger.

"Then we all died. Hurray, of course I fell in love right after," Haru rolled his eyes as his sentence heaved with sarcasm.

"Hehe~"

"Don't 'hehe' me!"

You were left panting on the ground, exhausted.

"(Y/N), please let us help!" Giyuu yelled as he watched your sister fall.

"We were... so... close...!" You groaned, pushing yourself up.

"(Y/N), let us fight, dammit!" Sanemi yelled as he saw you stagger upward.

"No... you're all... going to die..." you huffed.

Muzan's arm was regenerating so slow, it was only halfway.

"Ten minutes until dawn! Keep it up, (Y/N)-San, Niko-San!" A crow cawed.

"Please... Niko, end it! We need... to end it...!" You cried.