Chapter 9

"Please forgive me! Please, Kibutsuji-Sama!" Pleaded the demon.

"Please have compassion!" He cried.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm so-"

"Kill him, Niko."

The white haired girl smiled, commanding the monster to eat the demon.

She smiled wider at the horrid screams coming from the demon.

"So you're more afraid of the Demon Hunters than you are of me?" Muzan asked another demon.

"N-no..."

"So you always intend to flee if you encounter the Demon Hunter Pillars."

"No, I don't think that! I will fight with my life on the line for your sake!" It cried.

"You fool!" Niko laughed.

"Muzan is always right~"

The monster swiftly ate the demon, blood splattering everywhere.

One of the Lower Moons couldn't take it and tried to flee from dying by the hands of Muzan and his assistant.

Muzan had his head now in his hand, blood dripping from the neck.

"I now imagine it would be better for the Twelve Demon Moons to consist of solely the Upper Moons. I'm dismantling the Lower Moons.

"Are there some final words you forgot to say?"

"I'll still be useful to you! If you could defer this for just a little bit longer, I'll definitely be useful!" Another demon bounced up.

"How specifically long will the deferment be? How can you be useful? How much power can you wield as you are now?" He questioned.

"Blood..! If you could share more blood, I will definitely show that I can 'adapt to your blood'! I will become the strongest demon of them all and fight..."

Muzan threw the head down to their level.

"Why would I give you my blood on your instruction? You're a damn disgrace. Know where you stand."

"You're wrong! You're wrong!! I-"

"Shut it. It makes no difference. It don't make any mistakes. I have very right to decide. Everything I say is absolute. You have no right to veto it. Everything that I say is right is right! You have instructed me. You deserve to die. Any last words?"

"Let me see," the last demon, Lower Moon 1, rubbed his hands together.

"I feel like I'm dreaming now. You're personally going to put an end to me yourself. It was fun to listen to the death screams of the other demons. It was a blessing. I loved watching the pains and sufferings of humans. I loved it so much like a dream. Thank you for leaving me as the last one," he thanked, looking pleased.

The monster injected something in the neck of the demon. He started to make a series of agonizing sounds.

"You won me over," Muzan said, smiling.

"I'll give you an abundance of blood. Well, you might be unable to quantify of blood and just die. But if you can adapt, you'll probably obtain more strength. Now go be useful to me. Go kill the Demon Hunter Pillars.

"And if you kill the Demon Hunter who has earrings that look like Hanafuda cards, I'll be sure to share more blood with you."

"Also!" Niko chimed in, a grin spreading on her lips.

"If you see the Hashira with (H/L) (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes, bring her back! I'll make you the Upper Moon One!" She said, hands behind her back.

Twang!