Ch.3 Nightmare

The Image shown above is of the mountains where Oliver and the pack lives. If you are sensitive to blood this chapter may not be for you... Please Enjoy the longer chapter. :)

Oliver POV:

Bounding through the forest as fast a my feet could possibly take me, my chest was heaving, from sprinting so long. I could feel the deep gashes on my arms and legs form, as I tore through the brambles.

Blood, gushing from all my wounds. I knew that while still in this state the monsters chasing me would forever be able to pinpoint my location. I could see the moon ahead, still that eerie red color from a week ago. I have come to know this color was not a good omen. I ran out of the forest, and out into the clearing toward the village. I knew that if the thing chasing me really wished to catch me, it would have done so already. Which could only mean that, it was toying with me.

The village became visible in the distance, but as I tried to let out a scream for help I was tackled with a hand covering my mouth. I whimpered against the cold repulsive touch of my captor. I was turned onto my back by the monsters brute strength. It was too dark to make out his features. All I could make out was his large build, and height. Among that was emotionless, red eyes, and sharp fangs protruding his mouth.

I wanted to scream, but being paralyzed by fear won. I wanted to thrash under his iron grip, but I couldn't. I had only ever seen a vampire in the flesh once before. Quite frankly it was terrifying. My thoughts cut short as his fangs plunged into my carotid artery.

I jolted awake, my head spinning. I was drenched in sweat from head to toe. My pulse was racing faster than I thought humanly possible, I could feel it in my fingertips, and hear it in my ears. I knew my entire being radiated fear.

"Oliver! Are you alright!?" My mother tore into my room like a bat out of hell, holding a rolling pin as if it were a weapon. "Yes, mom I am alright." I assumed that I had been screaming, or talking in my sleep again. "Was it the same nightmare?" She asked, hoping that yes wouldn't be my answer.

"Yes. The same blood colored moon as it was last week. The same vampire killing me at the end." The look of pity on her face was sickening to me. She knew that against a vampire, for real that unlike her and the pack members having their wolf halves for protection I don't have that. I wouldn't stand a chance. "Well, it was only a dream right?" She asked, sympathy playing at her voice.

"Let us hope. I just wonder what is bringing it on." She stared at me puzzled, deep in thought for a moment. Worry written across her face. Cutting our conversation short Jammeson, our pack Beta came into my room. "Mum where are we lookin' on that party meal?"

It was Jane's 22nd birthday today, so naturally we were having a party to celebrate our next Alpha. Unlike most packs a Woman could be Alpha without a male counterpart. That isn't saying that our pack is matrilineal. My Father died shortly after Elliot was born, leaving our mother as only Alpha until Jane was ready to take over. If she ever feels like it. Who knows maybe she will even leave it to Elliot.

"I was tending to Oliver, Jamie I'll be out in a minute to finish it." My mother is generally pretty soft spoken. However if someone falls out of line she, wasn't against smacking the crap out of them. "Its fine mom Jane's party is more important. Wouldn't want to worry her over some dumb dream now would we?"

"No, I guess you're right. I will go finish the banquet food." Just as she was about to walk out she turned her head to me. "Will you take Elliot, and Jane and find some thyme, and rosemary before I roast the chickens later? I would prefer them picked at sundown when they're at their most potent."