Ch. 14- Dancing, Awakening, and Sickness Part.1

Oliver POV:

Peaceful. That is the only thing I can use to describe the feeling I was having.

Comforting, but unfamiliar.

It felt like family, and it felt safe, however different from the family I'd known. My eyes fluttered open, so I could see the world through thick lashes. I saw the face of an unfamiliar, but goddess like young woman. She had flowing strawberry blonde hair, and hazel eyes, she looked like the forest spirit herself. My eyes were no longer sleepily drooping closed, and were now just too captivated by the woman before me. We were in the forest, and the warm golden rays of the morning were filtering through the almost iridescent green leaves on the plethora of different trees. The woman was smiling at me. The smile was breathtaking, but I found myself unable to speak, and unable to control my body even when all I wanted was to tell her of her beauty.. However much to my dismay her stunning smile quickly faded as a muscled male, with deep brown hair, and dirty brown almost black eyes came out of the brush that surrounded us. "I wasn't expecting you back so soon." The beauty said avoiding eye contact with the burly male.

"What have I told you about letting the bastard out of his cage?" I was confused. I couldn't recall a cage, if the bastard he was speaking of was indeed myself. "I am sorry, but when I took him out he was still asleep I didn't think that it would hurt." The woman replied quietly. The man made a gesturing motion with his hand, and she looked down at me with a sad look. She laid me down, and lightly, and ever so carefully stepped toward the muscled guy.

WACK.

She tumbled to the ground holding her now bruised cheek. Her freckled cheek was now covered in an irritated pink hand print. "I have told you a thousand times, that if you want to keep that thing, you had better keep it out of my sight, and away from my belongings. You. Are. Mine. So that includes you!" He said trying to mask his anger with a failed attempt at monotony. Thick hot tears started to soak her cheeks, but she didn't dare make a sound for fear he would hear her. "You can't even follow a simple order, so now you have to bid it farewell, otherwise I will kill it." The man stated with venom leaking from his voice. She cried harder now. "He is my son, please I will do anything!" She said mouse-like still not meeting his eyes, her peach tinted hair covering her like a beautiful veil seemingly trying to protect her from his dangerous gaze.

"Not any more Dahlia. Leave it to fend for itself, or I will end it." He enunciated every word with malice. Dahlia. That was the nymphs name. "I will wait at the border to the next neutral packs territory for you, and you had better be alone. Also don't even think of running, you know I will catch you." With that he ran out of the clearing we were in at an inhuman speed.

Dahlia turned to me, and I felt my heart clench at the sight of the bright pink handprint on her face. "My darling Nikolai." She started, her hazel orbs beginning to glow an eerie green, albeit still swimming with unshed tears. I couldn't bring my eyes away from her eyes that now seemed to retain the glow of the forest itself. The warm rays of sun were making her hair seem like a light marigold colored fire. She beckoned my attention away from her hair, and over all elegance back to her captivating eyes that were still an unnatural glowing green, but nonetheless beautiful. "My beautiful boy. I know you're far to young to understand what I am telling you, but it won't matter because you won't remember any of this. Not until your twentieth birthday approaches... You're going to forget I exist." She croaked as some of the tears she was fighting finally fell.

"You're going to forget I exist, and you're going to forget you're magic. You won't remember that I taught you spells, or we laughed together, all you will remember is that you were rescued by werewolves as an infant. You will be a normal orphaned human. Your selfish parents gave you up because they couldn't care for you, and now you have the family you deserve." She said sobbing harder than before. As she removed her hands from the sides of my head I could feel my powers being taken along with them. She covered her mouth as her tears fell harder, and her eyes returned to a warm hazel.