The Meeting

Jason

Our chariots and Festus landed on the the large street in front of the Empire State building. The weather was warmer than it had been and the heat waves reflected off the building. Hundreds of feet above the top of the former tallest building in the world, the hills and building of Olympus appeared. For once, the mortals in the city were seeing something that even New Yorkers couldn't overlook.

I landed next to Festus as Leo, Piper and Calypso dismounted. To their right, the rest of the group was organizing. 

"Ok, everyone. We need to stay calm and let Annabeth and I do the talking as the appointed leaders of each respective camp. Jason, as the son of Zeus, you might be targeted for specific questions. Keep them simple and try to be polite." Reyna turned to address the rest of the group after her brief interlude.  "Don't panic, we are the ones in power, the elevator is always an escape option and the chariots and fetus will be here. Leo, can you put Festus into his docile mode?"

Leo immediately started talking with Festus and soon enough the familiar, one ton suitcase appeared. 

"He agreed to it, but your going to have to get me some oil and hot sauce when this is all done."

I'd spent enough time with the bou and mechanical pet to no longer question it. Leo was a breed all his own. 

"If everyone is ready, lets head into the building." Annabeth started walking forward, slow enough for everyone to catch up, but still at the point where no one could hesitate. I flanked Annabeth's left while Reyna took her right. The streets were quiet and I assumed that the street had seen evacuated, the only place I could see people was around the famous landmark. There were no fewer than a dozen guard, all with high level weapons positioned outside. 

Despite the glares and uncomfortable atmosphere these men created, we entered the air contended building with a calm demeanor. In the large lobby, a table was set up with enough chairs to seat us all, unfortunately, that wasn't our plan. Reyna, Annabeth, Piper, Leo, and I all contend walking, Leo hailing Festus with us, and sat down. The remaining people in our party flanked out. Percy stood directly behind us, right behind Annabeth, while the remaining head of cabins stood around the walls. 

"Hello, I am Annabeth Chase, the representative you talked to earlier from Camp Half Blood, this is Reyna, the representative from Camp Jupiter, the Roman branch of demigods." I listened as she introduced me and the rest of the demigods. I could see The Secretary of Defense  taking us all in. His eyes held onto mine and, no matter how much I studied him, I couldn't see much of his father. This man was clean cut and appeared to be completely sane. 

"Welcome. We understand the situation that has been provided to us. We are recording this conversation in case we need to consult the tape later. The news feeds have all been organized and the the basic situation has been cleared up with your statement earlier. The one thing that we want to ask you is if there is anyway that we can clear up the situation for the mortals?" His voice was calm and with the knowledge that he understood out world better than anyone, this conversation was going exactly the way we had hoped. 

"Yes. We have been discussing the situation since the end of the last war. The mortal realm is still in danger, a prophecy has foretold the fall of society as we know it, unless we are able to find Hecate. We are working on finding her ancient city, the place where she is strongest and has gone to heal after the injuries she sustained. When Hecate is fully healed, the mist will once again form, hiding the godly world from the mortal world."

Mr. Gale leaned forward, pressing the button on the receding machine, he stood. "Could I please have the people I am about to name run a perimeters weep of the three block radius. Make sure no monsters or civilians are present. He listed off the names of more than half of the men and they left. "Would the remanded please turn off their communications devices?"

The men all turned off their devices with calm precision and I could see unease spread through the demigods near me. 

"Now, would everyone in question please introduce themselves."

"Thomas Blakely, son of Dementer."

"Cindy Frank, daughter of Bellona, ex-amazon."

I could see Reyna study her sister, the corners of her lips tilting up slightly before falling once more. 

"Abraham Hotchen, son of Athena."

This continued around the room, over a dozen demigods stating their name and history. It was so amazing knowing that, despite being in a dangerous place, we were surrounded by allies. 

"Now that everyone has been introduced, lets continue the meeting like Chiron would want. The formalities fell and everyone began to cluster int eh middle of the room. Siblings greeted each other, and questions flew. In the middle of a war zone, the warmth of shared history and experiences began to form. 

I have been in contact with Chiron and other allies through the United States. They are converging on New York as we speak and will be waiting around Central Park in case the attack occurrs now, I will be in charge of these allies and their movements. I assume you will handle the statues and your own troops?" He paused and looked for Annabeth's nod. "Good. We should correlate information and try to keep any mortals outside of out specific lineage away and on a need to know basis. I know how the mist works, we will be able to cloud the mortals views for now, but what should be do about the past events. No one has been hurt, but rumors have been flying around."

Annabeth glanced at Reyna who glanced at me. Great. "Well, we've studied the event that have occurred and all footage that has been posted and the simplest solution that we could find would be a book series or TV series. Wed be able to say that the monsters were CGI and mechanical and the demigods were actors for the TV show. Publicity stunts by a government sponsored competition and a winning book."

I could see the wheels turning in his head. "Would we be able to publish these book and start developing the TV show almost directly after the mist resumes?"

"Yes, we have a couple of clear sighted mortals in mind and one man in particular that has submitted promising drafts. With first accounts, he should be able to produce the desired books."

"Good. As long as everything goes smoothly, we should resume the desired meeting."

Everyone gathered back to their position and Mr. Gale started the recording once more. 

"I assume that the mechanic I talked to earlier will be able to set up a direct link with me to inform the government of the situation. Unfortunately, I dont think that the government will b table to interfere with this. I advise you to handle this situation on your own and stay away from mortals and those who have done nothing to provoke violence. I'm sorry, but this is the best I can do."

"That is acceptable. However, I would like to ask that any military personal that wants to help be allowed and that anyone exposed as a demigod is pardoned and their heritage ignored after the battle."

"I will discuss your terms with other government officials, and respond to you. We will keep in  touch and, for what it's worth, good luck."

The recorder stopped and the mortal military men entered the building once again to escort us out and into the carriages. Festus appeared once more and started creaking at Leo. Flying into he sky, I couldn't hep thinking that this was the best outcome I could have envisioned. Sending a prayer to my dad, I thanked him for allowing the transaction to go over well, whether he helped or not.