Fairy Cottage

Celia was sat on the couch in the kitchen, eating cake as she talked with Uma who did the same. I approached Morgan who was eating cake alone at the table. "Morgan..." I started, "That...that was a good idea, checking Audrey's room. Now we know we're on the right path." Morgan turned and pointed their fork at me,

"Did you just insult me?" They asked, "Did I miss an underhanded, snide comment."

"No. I just wanted to thank you." I gave Morgan a small smile who returned with small one of their own. I cut my own piece of cake and sat across from my cousin

"Ok, whoever's birthday it is, is so lucky." Morgan said, "I want it so bad!"

"Ok...so...I may have jumped the gun when we were kids." I started, looking away, "Mum hated Aunt Morgana, and if I was strong enough to argue with her, I would have tried to spend more time with you." I looked back at Morgan.

"Yeah. Mum hated Aunt Ursula too." Morgan said, "I think I took some of her jealousy. You had an older brother, and a little sister. I wanted some sort of family like that."

"We really could have made the Isle miserable together." I jumped when there was a bang, and a wood plank appeared on the door. There was a rhythmic bang as more wooden planks started to bar the exits. Celia rushed down the stairs.

"Celia!" Uma called, running down the stairs after our little sister.

"We're trapped!" Celia exclaimed. Celia ran into Uma's arms and they held each other tight.

"Are you guys ok?" Evie asked, rushing into the room with Doug.

"What's going on?" Mal added, appearing with Peter. I lifted my hands, my eyes turning blue as my necklace started to shine a pale teal. I felt a hand clasp onto mine and saw Mal's eyes green. We nodded at each other,

"You've caused our friends pain and fear, we've had enough now disappear!" We shouted. Nothing happened.

"Guys, our spells aren't working!" I exclaimed. "I am so sorry!"

"Audrey's Magic is getting stronger." Mal added, staring at our hands. I felt another hand in my own and I looked up to see Morgan. We shared a nod. Uma appeared on Mal's other side and the four of us made a circle.

"You've caused our friends pain and fear, we've had enough now disappear!" We shouted. There was a pause before the planks fell away. I let out a sigh of relief.

"You did it." Evie said, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Together. This is what I've been talking about." I squeezed Morgan's hand before letting it drop.

"Guess the Talisman likes me." Morgan commented. They then open their jacket and pulled out the Ember, handing it to Mal. "You should hold onto that Dragon Breath." Celia ran to the door and peeked out. She turned and smirked at me,

"Hey...it's your bae..." She cooed. My eyes widened. I rushed to the door and pushed it open. I saw Ben and my heart lept in happiness. I let out a laugh and ran up to him, throwing my arms around him. I pressed my nose into his neck, inhaling his scent. When we pulled away, I leant forward, kissing him. I pressed our temples together.

"You ok?" Ben asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm ok." I whispered. "So much better now that you're here. Are you ok?"

"Yeah." Ben kept his arms around me as we turned to Harry and Gill who were greeting Uma and Morgan. "Who's this?" Ben asked.

"Ben, this is my cousin, Morgan." I introduced, "They're the child of Morgana. Please refer to them using they/them pronouns, otherwise, you'll regret it." I then noticed something different. "What..." I laughed, running my hands gently through Ben's new beard. "What is happening here?"

"You like it?"

"I could get used to this. I love it." Morgan appeared behind me.

"What about those?" They asked, gesturing to their mouth. I looked back at Ben and saw that he had two sharp canines.

"Oh my gods..." I laughed, "Those...will take a little more getting used to."

"I like 'em." Ben agreed.

"Ok, so we all think that Audrey could be at Fairy Cottage." Mal spoke up, leaning into Peter. "Do you know where it is?" She asked, looking up at her boyfriend.

"Of course." Peter sighed, "She dragged us there every Fairy Godmother's day."

"That's a thing?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Where's Fairy Godmother anyway?" Uma asked.

"I wish I knew." Jane sighed. I turned to Ben.

"Ok, why is your cousin here?" Ben asked me.

"Apparently they came through the barrier after Uma before Cotillion." I explained. "But...we've reconciled. They're ok." Ben and I shared a quick kiss before he turned around.

"Doug, Peter." He called. "You two go with Jane. You need to find Fairy Godmother."

"They're gonna need some muscle." Morgan commented, crossing their arms.

"Well, I'll go." Gill said.

"Yeah, actually, I would feel better." Carlos spoke up, his arm around Jane.

"Yeah, actually, I'd feel better too." Evie added.

"Same." Mal said.

"Actually, I would too." Doug admitted.

"Yeah, gotta agree with them there." Peter muttered.

"Alright dudes, let's do it!" Gill cheered, wrapping his arms around Doug and Peter.

"Come on Jane, let's go." Peter said, maneuvering himself out from under Gill's arm. The four of them started to walk off. I approached Ben, slipping my hand into his. I lent my head on his shoulder.

Later that night, we crept through the forest towards the Fairy Cottage, Ben leading the group

Later that night, we crept through the forest towards the Fairy Cottage, Ben leading the group. He put his finger to his lips, turning to us to tell us to be quiet. Ben and I hurried ahead. Mal clutched the Ember in her hand as she hurried behind us. We burst through the front door, only to find Fairy Cottage empty. Jay hurried upstairs as the rest of us fanned out, looking through the cottage. "She's not upstairs." Jay announced, appearing down the stairs again. A banging was then heard, and my eyes snapped over to a door with the wooden bar down, essentially locking the door. Ben walked over to it and pulled the bar up, opening the door to reveal...Chad...

"Chad?" Ben questioned.

"I want my mummy." The blonde boy whimpered, causing me to roll my eyes. Ben reached for Chad who jumped back.

"It's ok." Ben gently helped Chad stand. "What happened buddy?" Chad frantically looked around the room. His eyes then fell on Ben,

"Ben!" Chad exclaimed, gripping his jacket. "Y-your face! She's gone, huh? The doors open! I'm free!" Chad ran out of the cottage, "Freedom!" I sighed as we all walked out.