Let's Break This Down

The day of mine and Ben's engagement party had arrived. It seemed as if all of Auradon had gathered for the celebration. Evie had dressed me in a lacy teal dress that reached my knees, the sleeves covering my arms. I was also wearing matching heels and my hair was only slightly curled, a small tiara in place. Ben and I walked arm in arm through the tunnel that lead to the bridge. I smiled, waving at everyone as we saw them. Everyone curtseyed to us as we ascended the stairs of the balcony. "Lady Sophia and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today." Ben announced, "I couldn't be prouder, or happier to call you my Queen. So, raise your glasses." Everyone did as instructed. "To our future Queen of Auradon."

"To our Queen of Auradon!" Everyone repeated.

"Speach, your Specialness!" Carlos called,

"Speach, oh Fancy One!" Jay added. Everyone laughed. I smiled in return. Everyone was silent as I mulled over my words, my eyes falling to the Isle.

"I...I want to thank you all, first and foremost for showing up to our Engagement Party." I said, "But...with everything that has happened in the past few days, I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I made a decision to close the Barrier forever...and in hindsight, it was one of the worst decisions I have ever made. I've learned that you can't live in fear...because if you do, you're not protecting yourself from anything. You don't know where the bad is gonna come from, and you don't know where your heroes come from either. I mean, without my cousin, Morgan, and their pirate crew, we wouldn't be here today. In addition, without Hades..." I looked to Mal who nodded at me, "Mal's father, and Dr Facilier...mine and Uma's father, we would have lost people very special to us. Audrey would be gone. We all have light and dark inside us, no matter if we're from the Isle or Auradon, what matters if the path that we set ourselves on. So...I can't be Queen of just Auradon." I turned to Ben, "I have to be Queen of the Isle as well." I told him softly, "And...I think that it's about time that we take down the Barrier forever."

"But...your mother..." Ben trailed off.

"She can't hurt me any more."

"We can't take down the barrier." Beast said.

"It's up to us, Dad." Ben reminded him. Ben then addressed the people, "I chose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. The Barrier will come down!"

"Wooh!" Uma cheered, causing the people gathered to laugh. Ben turned to me,

"Bring it down Sophia." I smiled up at him, cupping his cheek and pulling him into a quick kiss. Everyone cheered. I looked down at my friends and sister and gestured them to come up. They did quickly. Fairy Godmother stepped forward with the wand. I smiled at her, taking it gently. I turned to the Isle as Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos and Uma appeared beside me. I pulled Uma towards me with my free hand. I lifted the Wand,

"By the power of the sea, tear the barrier down and set them free!" I started to chant, my necklace glowing, "Free the innocent children that are trapped within, but leave those with evil in their hearts imprisoned." A beam of magic shot from the Wand to the Isle, the dome shattering into a thousand tiny pieces. Everyone cheered as a new, more permanent bridge appeared that connected the Isle to Auradon. I gave Fairy Godmother back her wand before turning back to the Isle. I swear, I could see Morgan at the opposite end of the bridge, grinning and cheering alongside their crewmates.

Sophia -

It's time to bring together

Time for a brand new start

Morgan -

We gonna put it in mo-o-option

Break down what keeps us apart