The Beginning

Normal POV: It all started the day Lucy Heartfilia, a celestial mage came into the town of Magnolia in search for the prominent Fairy Tail guild. The Fairy Tail guild was the number one guild in all of Fiore and she knew that she could maybe find a place for her to belong there. It had been about 2 months now since her father had been killed. The day of her 18th birthday, the day that changed her whole life. Now let us get a little backstory on how Lucy had ended up in the town of magnolia in the first place. Jude Heartfilia Lucy's father, was the king of a small town off the coast of Fiore where they lived a peaceful life. Her mother Layla Heartfilia died when she was just a child. Her mother grew severely ill and no magic or medicine in the world would have been able to save her. Lucy was the last of the Heartfilia bloodline and the new keeper of the zodiac keys. The Heartfilia family had always been the keepers of the Zodiac keys in secrecy. After her mother died her power was passed down to Lucy as the new holder of the keys. When her mother died her father banned Lucy from using magic of any sort. For he knew that if certain people were aware that a child was the new holder of the celestial keys they would come after her and take advantage of that and could even possibly kill her. She would practice secretly though, for her love of magic was stronger than her fear of evil coming for her. She would put up enchantments that blocked others from sensing her celestial magic. She was a strong willed child with a brave heart, even with her father's warnings that people would come after her for her power one day. As she grew older she trained hard and grew stronger everyday, but she still wasn't strong enough nor prepared for what would happen on the day of her 18th birthday. Dark guilds had been in search for the key holder for years after hearing that Layla Hearfilia was dead and a new key holder had been chosen. Rumors said that a new powerful celestial mage was in a small town off the coast of Fiore but nothing had ever been confirmed. That is until one day Lucy had used her magic without an enchantment to open a gate for her spirit dog Plue. Who knew a simple mistake could end in the worst day of her life. Dark guilds wanted to use Lucy because she was the last wizard left on earth to have the power to open the portal between their world and the celestial world. In the celestial world the celestial spirit king guarded a powerful key that would unleash hell unto earth. Every dark guild wanted their hands on that key. With that key whoever opened the portal and freed the most powerful demon king Zeref was said to be given eternal life and power. One dark guild had sent out spies in search of the new key holder. A certain dark mage Jackal from the Tartaros guild happened to be searching up on this rumor when he sensed her magic and knew he had found the new holder of the zodiac gate keys. He sent a message back to the rest of his guild mates that he had found the one. That following afternoon they broke into her home and killed all the guards, and her father. Her father had tried to fight them off with one of her most powerful spirits Loki the Zodiac spirit Leo. Her father screamed to Loki to take her to the celestial world while there was still time for her to escape. She tried to refuse and fought with Loki as he pulled her by the arm to step into the portal. Right before she stepped into the gate to the celestial world she watched as her father smiled at her with a tear rolling down his cheek. A shark-like creature pulled her father's heart out from his chest and held it in his hand. That was the last time Lucy had seen her father before Loki pushed her into the portal and they were gone. He was gone forever and now Lucy was all alone with no family left in the world.