Formal Wear?

Just a short chapter tonight, so busy with work lately. I hope this story is going decently well overall :)

Natsu POV: When we got into town Lucy wanted to go home so we parted ways at her apartment. I needed to go to the guild and let Makarov and Erza know what had just happened on our job. I walked into the guild and went straight to their office where both of them had already been sitting going through paperwork with Mirajane. "Hey um can i talk to you guys a second, something happened on my job today that I think you should know about." I told them everything about Lucy and her past and what happened with the Oracle woman we crossed paths with on our way back to town. Makarov stared with a concerned look on his face. "I see, tell Levy we need her to do extensive research in our archives. I know we must have something regarding this there. I know there's a book on the history of the Heartfilia family she found but we need more. The Eclipse is coming soon so we must be prepared but we don't want to overwhelm everybody so lets keep it between us for now. Natsu I want you to keep an eye on Lucy and the night of the party I want her in your sight all night. There will be lots of different people coming in and out of the guild so we need to keep our guard up. There are 7 dragon slayers so we can at least narrow it down to being one of you guys Natsu. Natsu your responsibility right now could alter the world so please take this seriously. Erza see if Jellal has any information on Zeref that could help." "I don't plan too. She's been through enough already." Makarov nodded, "I must call the other guilds and magic counsel."

The Party: * Two weeks later*
Lucy POV: I put on my beautiful short red and black dress with crossed strapped and v-cut at the chest that fit in all the right places with my maroon suede laced up platform heels to match. I put my hair up into a messy bun with a maroon butterfly clip having my bangs hang down on each side of my face. A little makeup with silver and red eyeshadow and red lipstick and I was ready to go. I grabbed my keys and put them at the side of my hip and headed out the door. I've been feeling pretty nervous about my welcoming party but I know it's going to be a good night. I finally get to meet the other guilds and have a good night with my friends I almost can't contain the excitement. I headed to the guild. Natsu POV: "I have nothing formal to wear." I dug through my closet and tried to find anything that looks "Formal". "Oi happy, where is that black tux with the maroon tie I had to wear that one time to do that stupid public apology?" "Natshu it's in that plastic bag hanging up in the back of your closet. Erza-san told me to put it there after that for any future apologizes but it works for this type of party too." I remember that day so clearly. Gramps made Gray, Gajeel and I do a formal apology to the town after we all had a fight and destroyed the 600 year old church. The church was basically left with ice, ash, and iron rods everywhere sticking out of all the windows and walls to the ceiling. Hehe, thinking back to it now it was worth it. I put on the tux and brushed my hair out for once. "Happy you ready to go?" "Aye Sir!" The little exceed said wearing a small black tux with a light blue tie to match his fur color. "Wow happy you really must be trying to impress Carla tonight." "Shut up Natshu!" He said with an embarrassed face. We locked up the house and headed to the guild. I wonder what Lucy is going to wear. She wouldn't let me see it the day she had gotten it. I imagined Lucy in all different types of beautiful gowns looking beautiful even though she's always beautiful to me. She'll never know that though.