We drove for hours until it was nighttime.

We then decided to stop in the middle of nowhere and parked the car at the side of the road. We then went out with the pizza box and soda cans and sat by the hood of the car. We ate and drank in silence while looking at the stars and hearing the sound of crickets. I then turned to Kayleigh who was somehow looking for something at a distance.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm looking for something."

"What?"

"A pole."

"Why?"

"You've seen the movie Hereditary?"

"What the fuck are you even talking about? Are you sure you're not sick?"

"Clearly you haven't seen Hereditary." She smiled, drinking her soda, "Imagine a car passing by us with high speed. Then it encounters an accident with a pole. The person at the back seat would have his or her head decapitated because of the pole."

"You're fucking gross Kayleigh. I hope you know that."

"It's in the movie Sebastian. I'm just trying to spoil you, if you wanna watch it."

I sighed, "I hope you'll just disappear just so I can go home."

"That's why I'm doing this." She shrugged.

"Why would you even want to kill yourself?"

"Because I want to-"

"Surely there's a reason to it."

"Oh yeah?" She asked, annoyed.

"Yeah. Now fucking why?"

"I'm not happy anymore. Happy now?" She raised her voice.

"Bullshit. All life are shit Kayleigh. Take it from me. I have a lot of problems too." I shouted back.

"Yes. I know that. But-"

"But why am I still standing strong? Why didn't I give up on life? Maybe you're just overreacting to all your pieces of shit." She then hit me with her empty soda can, causing me to shout, "OUCH. What the fuck!"

"You don't know all the shit I've been through." She then stood up and went in the car. I then stood up and is about to get in the car to get her out but I saw her crying. I then went in the car and sat in the driver's seat.

"As early as 7, I knew about favoritism in the family. Dad loves Stella, Mom loves Tom. One day, Tom and I had a carnival accident and he... he died. Mom hated me since. That's why we transferred to forget Tom. She hated me so much that one time, she revealed that I was just an adopted child and that my real parents are from Upstate County and migrated to Germany for a new life, leaving me in an adoption center. I went there to find them and I did. But they were abusive. They do drugs and crime. My biological father, raped me when I was 12. So I have to leave and I went to Finland where I met my best friend, Amy. And before I came back here, she died of a car accident. After all I've been through, I just... I just wanna die."

Before I knew it, a tear rolled down my cheek. Kayleigh was this beautiful, brave girl that I met since I was nine. I realized now that she's been battered and hurt in every way possible. Just knowing her life experiences now, makes me wanna get mad at the world. She does not deserve that. All of it. Now, I know her pain. I felt it. And I should not dare myself to compare my pain to hers ever again.

"I'm sorry Kayleigh." I said softly, "I should have not-"

"It's okay Sebastian." She said as she went out of the car, "I should be the one to say sorry. I should have not dragged you into all this. But thanks anyways." She then started to walk away when I went out of the car and grabbed her wrist, pulling her back to the car.

"Sebastian, what are you doing?"

But I did not answer. I let her seat on the passenger seat beside me and I went to the driver's seat, turning on the engine.

"Sebastian-"

"Where to miss?"

"To... uh... to a city. But you don't have to drive me there. You should go home-"

"No. I'll drive you there Kayleigh. I know your reason. I understand."

"But-"

"No buts." I said sternly.

"Fine. But can we just go there tomorrow?"

I then turned off the engine and placed the car in a lock mode where unlocking it would cause a sound alarm.

"Okay. For now, let's sleep." I smiled, "By the way, you can't get out. If you try to unlock the car, it will have an alarm."

"I know. I've seen you activating it." She sighed and I smiled. She then leaned her head on the car window and drifted to sleep. I then leaned on the driver's window and drifted to sleep as well.

When morning came, we immediately traveled to that city she said. It took us four hours before we got there.