It's been two years now since Kayleigh left.

But everything changed. It was a good change though.

A year ago, granna died of sickness and old age. It was sad, but it was somehow a blessing in disguise since mom and I reconciled. Now, she's at home with me, making up to the years we weren't together. I also reconciled with Colleen and Mike, who are now happy with their baby girl. I am one of the godfathers. I swear, they're just a lovely couple. And guess what, they're expecting another kid.

As for Stella and Ferdinand, they are officially dating. Stella admitted to not hearing much anymore from Kayleigh. But she's confident that her sister's fine, probably pursuing mural art around the world.

I also changed my ways. I didn't live the popular life anymore. I started to mingle with different people until I ended up having a lot of friends before I graduated. Ferdinand was still my best friend. But this time, Stella is also my best friend. I continued music. It's what I really wanted anyways. I still play along with my band that I joined. And recently, we were shocked. The band became well known. And now, we're one of the known music figures everywhere. But still, I kept living the simple life, despite media being all around us.

People would often ask me about love life. But I just smiled or tell that I'm waiting for someone and I wouldn't reveal them the girl I'm waiting. It's been two years since Kayleigh left. But I'm still waiting for her. I'm patiently waiting for her, imagining the things that would happen if I met her again one day. And the proof of all that, I always wear her necklace as a reminder.

I smiled as the emcee announced the name of our band and we went to the stage, causing thousands of audiences to scream. I smiled as we started playing our instruments and singing our songs. Today is Forests and Coasts Festival. Two years ago, I was here with Kayleigh. Now, I'm here set to perform with the band. We performed for a good hour before we went down the stage.

"That was cool guys." Ferdinand and Stella said as they did high fives with me and my bandmates.

"Thanks. So let's go to Chris." I said, excited to see my surfer friends and to surf with them. I never lost contact with them, especially now that they're friends with Stella, Ferdinand, and my bandmates for a year now.

We then went to Chris and surfed with them. We had fun for an hour on the beach and as usual, we ended up sitting by the shore. Chris, Tom, and my friends talked about their funny surfing stories while I talked with Kelly.

"Wow. Congratulations on your engagement Kelly."

"Thanks Sebastian." She said as she showed me her engagement ring. She's finally engaged to Chris after years of dating, "How are you?"

"Fine. With all this new life, nothing feels much better than this."

"Good." She smiled, "How are you with regards to Kayleigh?" She asked and everyone's attention were focused on us.

I smiled, "I just wish that she's safe and happy, wherever she is."

"I'm pretty sure she'll come find you and she'll stay with you. I mean, she promised right?"

My eyebrows etched. I didn't tell her this. I told no one else about the letter besides Ferdinand, Stella, granna and mom, "How did you know about it?"

She then smiled and turned to a different direction, "She told me."

I then saw Stella, who gasped at what she saw. I then turned to the direction Kelly was looking at and I saw... 

Her.

I saw her standing meters away from us, looking at me, wearing that smile I had so missed for the past two years. She looked more beautiful from the last time I saw her. But she was still beautiful. Still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I kept myself from crying and stood up, walking until I finally approached her. As I was near her, her smile widened, causing me to smile as well.

"Kayleigh."

She smiled, tears about to roll down her cheeks, "Sebastian."

I then held her hands, "So, this is it?"

I just can't believe this is happening. Finally, she came back. Finally, she's staying with me this time. Finally, I can build a future with her, I can live a life with her. She's finally mine. And I knew that's what's going to happen because she still has the same necklace that I gave her two years ago. We remembered our promise, and we're about to fulfill them now.

And that's when Kayleigh, my life, hugged me tight, "Yes Sebastian. I'm staying with you this time."