Chapter 7

I glared at my reflection in the walls of the elevator. I hated Lilly. She wouldn't shut up about how she thought that Rock was just the best thing since sliced bread and how he was just amazing. The subject of her yacking was leaning in the corner across from me and gave me a look that said "Save me" I shook my head, No can do. He mimicked her hand gestures and facial expressions to a T and when she turned around his face would fall into the same soulless mask. We had talked over breakfast, the first real conversation that I had had with him. I decided that I didn't hate him as much as I thought I did. Not as much as I hated Lilly. She made a comment about the weather and I rolled my eyes as the elevator doors dinged open. I caught the dirty look she gave me but chose to ignore it.

Rock and I stepped into the training room and I was blown away by the amount of weapons and other fun toys that littered the room.We were some of the first people to arrive besides District 3 who were bent over the knot tying station. Rock leaned over and whispered in my ear

"I'm not stupid Beatty, and I sure as hell know that you're not. Why play that angle?"

"It's none of your business Rock, but if you tell anyone I swear I'll hunt you down and smash your head in." I growled and he held his hands up

"Ooo scary. I want to see how this works for you. If you die, it's less people for me to kill."

"Gee thanks"

We split up and I wandered over to the knife throwing station. I saw the tridents in the corner and forced myself not to run over and pick one of them up and feel the familiar weight in my hands. They were beautiful with black iron plating and elegantly curved tines. I picked up a small throwing dagger and looked around. No one was watching, so I drove it into the dummy's chest, just like you would a fish in shallow water. I pulled it out right as the elevator opened to reveal District 2. The boy I was flirting with yesterday made eye contact with me and headed over to where I was standing. I moved the knife so I looked like I had never handled one in my life.

"Whoa there," he said and I looked at him,

"What? Is this not how you are supposed to do it?"

"No, you hold the blade not the hilt."

"Oh"

Of course I knew this but I did my best to feign innocence. He showed me how to "properly" throw it. I found that his name was Dakota, and his huge district partner was Electra, she shot me a glare every now and then. We went around to all of the stations and he showed me how to throw a spear which was similar to throwing a trident but lighter. If I couldn't get a trident in the arena, I could settle for a spear. It went along like this until we got to the trident station,

"You're from District 4, don't you know how to use these?" He asked and I shook my head,

"I don't know, my mentor does but I haven't spent much time with them." Dakota nods and we move on.

Training goes on like this for a few days until it's almost time for individual assessment. I ate lunch with the Career pack and somehow got myself in, probably because Dakota took a fancy to me. Whenever I could pull myself away from his grasp I talked to the District 12 kids, Maggie and the boy was also named Sage which was bazaar. She was bright with dark hair and grey eyes. The other Sage would probably go down in the bloodbath but he was nice enough, stating that dying in the arena was better than starving to death. They were both skin and bone. I figured if I could find her once we were in the arena I would try and form an alliance with her, but not now. For now I was still playing the ditsy clueless girl from District 4.

Look at me! Two chapters in a day! Go me! Anyways I hope you like this chapter! I don't own the Hunger games.

All the love

Buckaroobelle