Chapter 9

The next morning I was awake before everyone else, even though today we didn't have training but we were preparing for the tribute interviews tonight. I clutched a cup of coffee in my cold hands and took occasional sips of the bitter liquid feeling the warmth coursing through my body. An Avox came up to me and offered me some sugar cubes and I took a big handful and set them on the table. I popped one into my mouth as Finnick drug himself into the dining room and fell into the chair across from me. 

"Sugar cube?" I asked holding one out.

 "You eat those things straight?"  he asked, I nodded and popped another one in my mouth and chewed it with relish. He held his hand out and I placed one in his palm, he examined it before placing it on his tongue. 

His eyes widened "That's amazing!" I smiled and handed him another one before sliding the notepad with the training scores on it to him. "What's this?" He asked

 "The training scores" I said and he slapped his forehead,

 "Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about training scores! I'm so sorry Sage, I was just.."

 I held up my hand, "Save it, I wrote them all down." He ran his finger down the paper and it stopped at my name, "You got a 10." 

I nodded and his face split into a wide smile. "You got the highest training score."

 "I know." 

"What exactly did you do?" I shrugged,

 "I tied some knots, threw some knives,and played with some tridents."

 "You must have done a little more than 'play with tridents' to get a 10, good job Beatty."

 "Thank you Finnick"

I was stuck with Finnick all day doing interview prep. He would give me questions to answer and I would have to respond with the ditsy, flirty personality that we had cooked up for me. Soon it was time for me to be turned over to my prep team to be cleaned and made up for the interview. Adrian came in and started to braid my hair in an elaborate braid that would lay over my shoulder. The prep team filed my nails into perfect shapes and painted them a shade of royal blue with little silver roses and small silver jewels along the cuticle.  A neutral makeup look warmed up the harsh lines of my face and made me look more doll-like. After my hair was done Adrian doused it with hairspray and the prep team put some fake eyelashes with jewels along the lash line as a finishing touch and sprayed my face. This whole process took around 3 and a half  hours and my head was aching from the sheer amount of hair Adrian had added to my already long locks. When he spun me though I forgot all about my aching scalp and I felt my heart flutter a little. My chocolate hair was done up so it looked like roses were falling down my shoulder, the makeup indeed did make me look like a perfect porcelain doll with slightly rounded cheeks and big eyes. I had gone from terrifyingly beautiful to gorgeous perfection. 0 to 100 real quick. Adrian stepped out and came back a few minutes later with a garment bag and a pair of nude platform heels. He laid the bag out on the bed and unzipped it. I peaked over his shoulder and felt my breath catch when he held up the dress. 

"Its beautiful." I said and suddenly it didn't feel like playing dress up and more like they were dressing me for my funeral. The dress was royal blue two piece, the top had an illusion neckline that was covered with blue lace. The skirt was a mermaid cut with a small silver belt over layed with the same lace as the top. I stepped into the dress and Purple pulled the skirt over my hips and fastened it in the back before slipping the top on like a vest and buttoning the small satin covered buttons down my back. She smoothed the skirt out before sitting me on the bed and slipped the shoes on and fastened the straps. Adrian hung some silver earrings in my ears and a small silver cuff on my right ear. The prep team added a bit more blush and highlighter before they were excused by Adrian. 

I looked in the mirror, and smiled. "Its beautiful Adrian."

 He nodded, "Thank you."

 "I can't help feeling like you are dressing me like I'm going to my funeral."

 He shook his head, "No Sage, I'm dressing you for your victory."

Hope you guys like this new chapter! I still don't own The Hunger Games. Sadly. I'd like to think that Sage gave Finnick his strange love of sugar cubes.

All the love❤

Buckaroobelle