Chapter 15

I closed 3's eyes before I continued on into the arena. I thought my nose might be broken but I blew it off. As the sun sank below the horizon a parachute floated down from the sky. Inside there was some cream for the quickly growing welt on my hand and a note. Check your bag you idiot. -F. I swung the bag off of my shoulder and rummaged around. Then my gut sank. My water bottles were empty. Maggie. She must have dumped the water out while I was asleep. The bread and meat looked unscathed. The water though, it was the only thing I was certain I needed. I could hunt for food, but finding water in this dustbowl of an arena? That wasn't very promising. Then the thought hit me. That's why there was water in the cornucopia. There could be no water in this arena. All of a sudden I was very thirsty. I set my sights out to the desert and decided to make a try at finding water.

I walked until the sun disappeared before looking for a place to camp. There was no sign of water anywhere but I was nearing some mountains in the distance so there was hope. I found a patch of greasewood to lay under that hid me from prying eyes. I had left my sleeping bag in the church in an attempt to flee the spiders but I still had the thermal jacket. I pulled it on and got as close to the bushes as I could before the anthem thundered through the arena. The District 3 boy's face lit up in the sky, followed by the 12-year-old girl from 8. Tears threatened to spring into my eyes as the 12-year-old boy from 9 followed her. They were only 12. 12 years old, I remembered assuring the District 8 girl on the hovercraft before we were dropped into this hell. The other Sage's face lit up the sky before everything went quiet. I rolled over leaving my back to the bushes and tried to sleep. It soon became apparent that I wasn't going to be able to sleep so I stared at the stars for a while. I felt like I was home in District 4 for a just moment. 

"Percy, stop it!" I screamed as he tickled my sides. 

I wriggled out of his grip and took off down the beach. He chased me for a while before slamming into me, taking me down. He had me pinned, and all of a sudden everything went quiet. His seafoam eyes bore into mine and I felt a blush rising to my cheeks. 

"You're really beautiful Sage." He whispered and I blushed deeper. 

His copper hair caught the moonlight and made him look like some kind of fallen angel. Then Aly came bounding over and the moment was gone and so was the memory.

"BANG" I jumped awake at the sound of the cannon. 

Looking around frantically didn't do much good since I couldn't see a thing. So I just sat there waiting for my eyes to adjust. 

"BANG!" I jumped again but this time I was able to make out large creatures moving towards me.

"BANG!"

 Another cannon. I grabbed my trident and by the time I looked up I could see that the creatures were scorpions. Huge Muttation Scorpions. One of them looked at me with cold beady eyes and I screamed. Dread crushed my chest as I raised my trident towards them. It had bloody foam dripping from its mouth, it's pincers and stinger raised, ready to kill me where I stood. I looked behind me to where they were starting to surround me. There must have been about five or six of the things and they were black. So shiny black that they were almost beautiful. I saw a hole in their defense and darted. 

I barely made it through, I heard the stinger swoosh past my head as I took off towards a fire in the distance. Unfortunately for me, they were fast. Fortunately for me I was small and I only had my trident and a backpack that I had to carry. So I ran, a pretty steady pace that kept me right out of their range and that I could keep up for miles. Whatever the cream that Finnick had sent for the welt had done wonders on my leg too. The wound had begun to close and it had numbed it. So with that I decided that I was not going to die via giant bug. By the way, why did Seneca Crane insist on sending bugs? I really would rather fight something with fur or scales. There was another cannon and the Scorpions stopped their pursuit. They looked around before turning and scuttling off. They seemed to disappear into the night and my legs buckled beneath me. I did the math in my head and came up with six tributes left. 18 dead in four days. That had to be some kind of record. 

Hey guys! Oh my gosh! We have over 250 reads! This is still so crazy to me! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, things are starting to get real. The final 6! Thank you guys so much for reading and voting! I don't own the Hunger Games.

All the Love❤

Buckaroobelle