Chapter 14 - Missing Them.

James's POV:

After I showed up here again, the entire company was shocked towards my reappearance, most of all when they found me with the cane and glasses.

The devil of a stepmother was disgusted at the very first glance at me and as usual I shrugged it off. I contacted the lawyers back to presume the credit reports on it own and everything is going smoothly.

About the engagement, I never did yet meet up with Silvanna face to face. I know that I'm not ready for now because my only focus for now is to regain my company and seal it with a strong ownership to myself. Luckily, my personal assistant, Henry, had been there for me to take over profusely and he lend me his hand a lot around to continue the business.

I just finished the meeting with the board members as they wanted to acknowledge me after all this months and here I'm, sitting in my 16th floor CEO's room with all this luxury around.

But, I felt empty.

I'm returned as the James Daniz again but I'm not lively.

In short, I could say that I'm just physically here but my heart is somewhere else. I'm pretty far from them, like so much miles away but I know that I will return to claim what's mine.

I recalled the day when I was very nervous to confess about my comeback to the company and I was equally worried about what would happen to us.

"James, you okay? "Nicolla asked as I felt her clasping onto my hand while we were having breakfast.

"Ya, I'm fine. It's just, I need to tell you something. " I redeem my calm composure and steadied myself to tell her.

"I need to return back to my company. " I said in my low tone as my fingers fiddled onto each other, nervously.

The time ticks by and I know that Nicolla had already zoned out into her own world. I wanted to call for her but I know that she needs some time to compose herself.

"That's cool. I mean, aren't you returning back like after your eye surgery? " she questioned and I explained her what happened for real.

"Oh....then, you must return back. "Nicolla concluded and I nodded then comes this long pause.

"What about...us? "My voice slow and low as I asked her, afraid of something that I'm still unknown about.

"What about us? I'm sure you will do good at work again and.....you will come back for us. There's nothing to doubt about, James. " Nicolla said, warming my heart and I smiled widely.

"Of course, baby. Of course, I will come back for you two. " I promised, moving towards both of them while placing a kiss on both of their heads.

And, it's been 4 days since I have been away from them. Everything keep me occupied here and I never did missed to call them everyday since I left.

I sincerely miss them. A lot.

Just two days more and I would get to fly back to them.

A gentle knock got me out of reality and I asked the person to enter.

"Hey, boss. Mrs Daniz is here. "Henry, my assistant informed and I asked him to let her in.

Now, what is she doing here?

A few minutes later, I heard my front door swung open and I know that she's already leaning onto my desk by now.

"What do you want now? " I seethed as I sat steady on my rolling chair.

"Your such a lucky guy. You see, even after being a poor blind man, you have all this luxuries surrounding you. " she talked in her sarcastic tone and I just smirked.

"Thanks to my father. Or, should I say, your loving husband, who loves me more than he do at you. " I replied mockingly and I could sense her getting angry.

"Shut up, James. I never came here to talk about your stupid father anymore, all I want to know is who's that Nicolla Burnes? " she shouted in utter anger and I was shocked.

"What? How...did yo-"

"Oh, you think that I don't know about what your doing this whole time running away from the company. I got my way, James and I just wanted to remind you that, your engaged. So, no bitches are allowed to be with you, especially that black one. " she flared with venom and my fist curled up.

Knocking on the wooden table loudly, I stood up instantly as I raged at her.

"Don't you dare talk like that about her. Hey, listen to me, soon after I got my sight, I'm going to break this engagement and I'm going to bring Nicolla Burnes in my life. "I said while pressuring every words that I uttered.

"You think I give heck about you having your ways to spy me around, hell no. I'm not even scared a bit and I'm going to shoo you away sooner. Now, get the hell out of my room. " I finished while pointing at the front door and she just snorted.

"Shoo me away huh? Let's see how will you do it. " she taunted and I let out the breath to keep myself calm.

I'm standing up over her, because I have no need to keep shut now.

Hell to the 2 days more. I'm going to meet them right away now. I vowed as I took my blazer from the chair and unfolded my cane before walking out of the room.

"Sir, are you leaving somewhere? "Henry's concern voice came by my side as I get out of my room and he assist me to the elevator.

"Yes, Henry. I'm going to fly somewhere, can you make sure that the private jet's ready by 1? " I asked him and he straight away agreed.

******
I have landed already and I dismissed the offer to reach them on my company car. I quickly booked a cab and went there in minutes.

"Driver, can I know what time is it? " I asked the driver before getting out of the car and he said that it was already 2.30.

So, they wouldn't be home by now. They must be in the preschool right now and I decided to wait for them.

*****
"Uncle James. " I heard little Jordy yelling in excitement and his little arms wrapped around my legs firmly. I chuckled before picking up the baby and I got caught of her lavender odour.

"James, your back already. " Nicolla expresses tenderly and she hugged me, my arm going around her waist as I kissed her head.

"I missed you both. " I confessed and there's this soft touch on my lips.

Did she just pecked me? Because I can say that she really do miss me badly.

And, I wanted more of that kiss.

I'm finishing the story in maybe around 2-3 chapters, because it's a short story where I already have everything in check.

Love you all!