Chapter 1

Cyrus's POV;

It was night as I was standing in a bar. Tonight was a welcome party for the new students of the university and it was going to be held at this bar called "La Nuit". French for 'the night.' It's a very popular bar since it's near the campus and every night we all gather here to drink, party and have fun.

The loud music roared in the hall as everyone was either drinking or dancing. I looked at my friend next to me as I smirked and then drank the shot and he did the same. The people around us were cheering as my friend who's name was Nash suddenly raised his hand and said,

"No...more...I am gonna puke if I drank one more.."

As I then poured another one and slam the glass on the table and said while smirking,

"Looks like I won."

The people around us started cheering my name. I heard my name roaring and I felt god damn proud of myself. Sure I was drunk but who cares, I love people's attention. Who doesn't? Everyone in some ways or another is looking to get people's attention. That's how you live in this world.

I then grabbed the bottle and drank what was left inside it just for fun as people started hooting and clapping.

I am Cyrus. 21 years old. And this is my life now. Party, drinks, girls, hanging out and I love it.

I then looked at Nash who was near to passing out.

"Okay buddy, I think you've had more than enough. Let's get you a cab."

I said as I then put his arm over my shoulder and help him walk outside.

"No....you've had enough.."

He mumbled as I then put him on a bench and look at the time on my phone. 3:03 am. Seriously? It got this late! Tomorrow I have a morning class. Maybe I should bunk it. But then again the topics are interesting and I don't want to miss a lecture. But if I go, people will say that I'm a nerd who really loves to study and couldn't miss a class despite drinking so many bottles tonight. And that's when I heard that name.

Mary!

I quickly turn around to see where that sound came from and there were two girls standing there talking. And supposedly one of the girl's name was Mary. She had golden hair and blue eyes.

It isn't her.

I thought with disappointment. Wait...why do I feel disappointed? I don't know any Mary. Looks like I'm really drunk. I called the cab as it stopped near us. I put Nash in, who had passed out as I then sit next to him.

_____________________________________

Damn! My head aches like hell!
I woke up suddenly as I noticed I was in my room. Argh! What happened last night?
I do remember bits. It's strange...I didn't feel that drunk last night when I got into the cab. I then remembered drinking two more bottles when I came back last night. Why did I do that?

I got up as I then looked at the time.
9:30 am. Morning class has already started. It was supposed to start at 8. Ah well. It's fine.

I then took a painkiller hoping that this annoying headache would go away as I then exercised at the gym we have in this building. I live in this two bed apartment with Nash. It's great as it's in the middle of the campus and the bar. Which is good for us.

I then come back, take a shower, change clothes and grab my bag. I try to wake up Nash but he was still asleep. He just motions his hand and says,

"I'll meet you guys tonight at the bar."

I look at him with envy. Wish I didn't have any classes today so I could sleep.