Chapter 3

Cyrus's POV;

After the game had ended, the boys decided to play some tennis by themselves. But I wasn't going to. I may go to the gym to keep myself fit but I wasn't a player. I never was. I don't know how to play any type of sports and I've always been horrible at it. So to avoid any embarrassment, I just lie my way out of it.

"Hey man. You coming or what?" Nash asked

"Nah. I've got to go meet Professor Raymond." I lied. Professor didn't call me at all.

"Oh that sucks. We'll meet you at the café after the game?" He asked

"Yeah sure. See you there!"

I realised after a few moments of saying it that I had that punishment or whatever to do. But ah well. It's fine. I'll just tell that girl I have some work to do or something like that. Speaking of that girl, she looks so familiar. She looks like Mary a lot! But her name is Selena. And she's a non talkative and serious type of person. Mary wasn't like this. Mary was the life of every party who would bring fun and laughter wherever she went.

After saying goodbye to my friends, I went to this place found last year. It's this area behind the library where there is a built in bench. Everyone rarely comes here except for nerds or couples who just want to make out. But I doubt anyone would be here at this time so I went there.

I put on my headphones, took out my notebook and started sketching. I actually loved to sketch a lot. But I stopped doing it because honestly I never find time to do it. Plus I didn't want any of my friends to find out. I don't even want to imagine what they would think about it.

I was busy in my sketching when I saw a familiar face approach me. I took off my headphones and quickly closed my notebook before she could see what I was doing.

"Here."

She said as she handed me the paper on which the design I made yesterday was. Here? That's it? No hello, hi or how are you? Well we are not that close to begin with. We only met last night.

"What are you giving me this for?"

I take the paper from her hand

"I want you to decide on the colours for it." She said

"Why me? You could've done it yourself yesterday." I replied as I frowned. Is she trying to give me more work deliberately?

"I figured you made the design so you deserve to decide on it's colours. It's your hard work." She said softly. I wasn't expecting this. I kind of feel happy.

"Thanks I guess." I replied as she smiled slightly

"So what's for today?" I asked. Selena had this strange mysterious aura around her that makes one want to know nore about her. Since I couldn't do that because I know she won't tell me about herself at all, I did want to talk to her more.

"Well we need to get those papers from the room across the hall. And then we need to design the posters with colours. And then we..." I interrupted her while she was still talking

"Hold on. You want to do all these things. I just want to get over with all of this quickly."

I smirked. She frowned.

"Well then don't bother coming if you aren't gonna be of much help."

She replied with a bit of force and anger. Oops. Looks like I made her mad.

"I was just kidding. Now same time as yesterday?" I asked

"Yeah." She replied

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask you this." I said as she looked at me with curiosity.