Chapter 8

Selena's POV;

Today was Cyrus's birthday. I was wearing my light soft brown shirt which was kind of oversized but not that much with faded blue jeans. Cyrus offers me to pick me up but I refuse. Because I had to buy his gift on the way. I was planning on giving him a book to read since he told me he loves reading and has read a lot of books but he hasn't done that for a long time and misses it. I hope it'll make him happy.

I get to my apartment and see Riley all dressed up. I look myself in the mirror and I think I look okay. I'm wearing sneakers and my hair is in a high pony tail. I don't have any makeup on at all. Oh who am I kidding? I will look like a weirdo among the rest of them. But I don't care. I'm just gonna go, give him the gift and come back. I'm sure he's gonna be with his group of friends and would barely notice me.

"Let's go." I said to Riley

"Uh uh...you are not going looking like this.." She said while eyeing me up and down

"What's wrong with me?" I inquired

"Dear, you really can't go like this. It's a party! Cyrus will be waiting for you. You don't want him to see you like this." She said rummaging through the closet trying to find something to wear for me

"But he has seen me like this everyday." I replied

"That's different. You have to dress up properly. You don't want him to be disappointed and lose interest in you, now do you?" She said. She brought out this royal blue dress that was just above my knees. It was an off shoulder dress, a bit tight at the hips, which although I found uncomfortable, it wasn't too uncomfortable.

After wearing that dress, I felt weird. I had never ever worn a dress like this ever before.

"Isn't it showing too much?"

I asked nervously

"Huh? You haven't seen the other dresses yet if you think this is showing too much. It's only a shoulder and a bit of legs." She replied. She hands me these medium-sized elegant earrings to wear along with black heels.
I had never ever worn heels before. I prefer sneakers over heels. But Riley said sneakers wouldn't look too good with this dress. And she made me wear heels. I couldn't balance at first but she made me walk around so I could finally manage it. And then she did my makeup. Which I finally managed to make her to keep it light as possible.

When I was all ready, I stood in-front of the mirror and I couldn't even recognise myself. I looked like a whole new person. And I kind of liked it. I don't know if that's good or bad.

"Girl! You look so pretty! Cyrus isn't gonna know what hit him." Riley said as we both walked out of our apartment

"I don't think he'll notice that much..." I spoke in a low voice

"You think wrong. You put so much effort to dress up just for him. He's bound to notice." She said. I blushed at her remark. I wanted to say I didn't dress up for him but that would be a lie. What she said is the truth.

After buying his present, we went to the club. Before going inside, I stood outside and took a deep breath. As I went inside, the first thing I noticed was that there were a lot of people. And by a lot, I mean a lot! Wow. Cyrus really does have a lot of friends.

"Woah...this party is amazing!" Riley said in amazement

"It sure is.." I replied. I was looking around to find Cyrus. Where is he?

"Oh hey! You guys made it!"

Nash said with excitement. He was holding a drink in his hand.

"Oof...how much did you drink?" Riley inquired because Nash reeked of alcohol