Chapter 10

Selena's POV;

I talked a lot with Cyrus yesterday. It felt so good. And nostalgic. I was so happy that he finally recognised me. And the fact I was kind of happy about was that he said Jen wasn't his girlfriend and that he has stopped playing around with girls. Although I didn't tell him about the part where I was all jealous. But that's too embarrassing to tell. Besides I don't want to bound him to all my insecurities and jealousies. Heck we aren't even going out. But even then, I still don't want to do this. And we made a promise to each other. I will join the volleyball club whereas he will join the art club. I was actually really positive about it. And not nervous at all.

I got ready and changed into clothes that were different than my usual oversized shirts. And happily skipped towards the kitchen where I saw Riley sitting there in an irritated mood. She was eating her breakfast with such anger that I swear that spoon was gonna break that bowl.

"...Riley...you okay?"

"...that damn Nash...even though we were having fun, he went ahead and got all moody and stuff. He says he won't help me anymore. If he didn't want to help me then he shouldn't have said so in the beginning...and why did he have to say all those things...it's confusing me.." She muttered angrily. She still hadn't noticed me. I pat her shoulder and asked,

"Riley?"

"Oh...what happened? Is it time to leave?" She asked

"No. We still have 15 minutes. But more importantly what happened to you?" I asked

"Nash said he won't help me anymore. He got angry at me for I don't know what!" She exclaimed

"You must have said something to him again like usual." I chuckled

"No. Not at all. It was quite opposite. I thanked him for all his help and told him, he was a pretty good friend." She explained, "and then he got angry at me. He said he wasn't my friend. And he never intends to be. And before that he got angry at the fact that I was talking about Leo. I mean, what else am I supposed to talk about? The whole reason we went shopping together was because of Leo! That idiot. Sometimes I swear his head is empty. God put poop instead of brain in his head." She angrily said.

"I think I understand now..." I mumbled

"Huh? What?" She asked

"...errr....that I don't understand Nash at all." I said. Actually I understood perfectly why Nash acted like that. My intuition was like. Nash likes Riley.

"Well what are you so angry about? I thought you didn't like him. So isn't it good?" I teased Riley. I wanted Riley to say her real feelings.

"....well...I never said I didn't like him.." she spoke in a low tone. By this time, we were going to our first class.

"You did. You totally did." I said

"...I know...but I've known Nash for a long time. No matter how much we argue or fight, he has never ever spoken to me like that. Does it sound strange that rather than anger he was showing an expression that looked like he was hurt? That is what is irritating me more. I don't understand him at all." She said

"...oh look there is Nash. You can go talk to him." I pointed towards the front where Cyrus, Leo and Nash were standing. They both were talking and laughing to each other.

Riley looks up at him and he for a second glances here but then quickly averts his eyes. His expression doesn't even change for a second. Riley clearly looks hurt by this.

"...Riley...come on...we have to talk...you guys have to talk.." I urged her

"....oh no! There is Leo with him! How can I face him? I already look so stupid! I'm not going. I'm going straight to class." She made up an excuse and quickly ran away