Chapter 5

Cyrus's POV;

Last night I took Selena to the club. I wasn't expecting her to be so nervous and bad around guys. Did something happen? I wanted to ask her the reason but I didn't want to pry too much into it. She already looked shaken up a lot.

I took her to my building's roof. We talked a bit and I asked her why wasn't she so nervous around me. She smiled playfully. Her smile was so adorable that I just wanted to touch her....but I calmed myself down. She isn't like other girls. She is....somehow..she's different. With her I feel so nostalgic and calm. She then said she doesn't think of me like a guy. I mean what the hell. Even if it was a joke, that hurt. She better not be serious about it. I want her to look at me as a man. What am I thinking? She's just Selena. And not like the rest of the girls.

She then gets up quickly and says she has to go to her part-time job. I check the time and it's late for a part-time job, isn't it? What kind of job does she has? And when she explains to me her job, I feel relief of some sort. I don't know how to explain this. She rushes back when she bumps into Leo. They both apologise to each other and she starts staring at him. Wait...don't tell me she has fallen in love with him?? Is it like those love at first sight type of scenes? Oh god! I really hope not! Why isn't she being nervous of boys, now? Leo is a guy.

Leo asked me why I rushed out from the club earlier and I quickly reply by saying I'll tell him later as I rush off after her. I offer to walk her home to which she later complies. On the way, she asks me about Leo. And that ticks me off. Why the hell is she taking an interest in him? She was supposed to be hanging out with me and take an interest in me. Not him. Damn Leo. Who told him to come to the roof yesterday? Later on, she says that she does sees me as a guy after all. I know she was just joking before but I just wanted to confirm it. I felt satisfied after hearing her answer.

Today I run into her while going to my class and we start talking. I didn't think she'd start talking to me normally because she doesn't seem that talkative but I was really happy. We didn't talk much because of our class which was about to begin. She went inside and sat in the front seat. It was Professor Raymond's class. The only class we have in common. And the thought of not seeing or talking to her for the next few hours because of our different classes suddenly started to sunk in. I was standing next to my usual seat in the back. Leo was already sitting down.

"Hey man. Aren't you gonna sit?"

"Uhmm...I think I'm gonna sit at the front for today." I said. I went to the front seat and saw that luckily the seat next to Selena was empty.

"Mind if I sit here?"

I asked while smiling. She looked up, surprised to see me and said,

"Sure."

I take a seat next to her.

"So what brings you down to the front? You never sit here." She inquired

"Well I thought about how it seems from the front. It's nice to change the scenery. Although I've got to say. How can you sit at the front? The professor and the board seems so close. Its weird." I said

"That's because you always sit at the back." She said, while messaging someone. She then sighs and puts the phone back into her bag.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Riley can't make it to class today. Apparently sleeping is more important than class." She said as she rolled her eyes.

Riley. Is it that guy again? Who is he to her?

"Your friend?" I asked

"Yeah. My one and only best friend in the world!" She replied. She was smiling. While I was feeling irritated. I was about to ask her whether Riley was a boy or a girl but the Professor walked in. And the first thing he noticed was me sitting at the front.