Chapter 9

Cyrus's POV;

Selena is Mary! I can't believe it. Or maybe I can believe it. I was in my car on my way back, when I suddenly get a message from Nash.

I don't know what happened between you and Selena but solve this matter quickly. Plus arguing is one thing but your project is another. She must be working hard all alone. Go help her!
Ps this is Riley.

Oh shit! I remember today we had to put those posters up. Don't tell me she is doing it alone? How the hell is she gonna carry all those cartons?We had planned to use my car for this purpose and thus the reason I brought my car today.

I quickly message Selena.

Where are you?

After a few minutes I get a reply,

The park near the advertisement department and the cafeteria.

I knew where that place was and immediately went there.

I saw her riding a bike, with a carton behind her. Isn't it hard peddling with that heavy carton?

I honk my car's horn at her, while lowering the car's window. I was driving very slowly next to her.

"Don't you know it's rude to honk at strangers?" She said. From her tone I could tell she was teasingly saying it. She doesn't look mad anymore.

"Well you aren't a stranger, are you?" I said. She stopped peddling as she turned to look at me, smiled and said, "No. I am not."

"Then what are you waiting for? Come on. Leave the bike. We will come back for it later. Using a car is better." I said. She giggled and sits next to me while putting the carton on her lap and then at the back since my car was a two-seater.

Surprisingly, we managed to cover the campus pretty quickly. I asked her if she still had some time before her part-time online tutoring starts. And she replied that she has left that. Since she has stored up enough money and wants to focus on her university.
So I take her to this café.

We sit and order coffee. It was awfully quiet between us until she broke the silence.

"I'm sorry about all those things I said. I didn't mean to hurt you." She spoke in a low voice

"That's fine. I'm sorry too. Umm....can you tell me why you didn't come? Because believe me I really was waiting for you. I forgot my phone at my apartment so I couldn't even call you..." I said.

"Actually...." She said taking out a gift from her bag and hands it to me. I am surprised. I can't believe she bought me a gift, "I did come that night. And I wanted to give you this but you looked like you were...umm...busy with some girl so...and umm Riley was busy with her club mates and so....I just went back home.." She said.

"Oh...I'm so sorry...and...umm..." I said, "believe me she isn't my girlfriend. Nor I was playing around. She just did it so suddenly. Although I pushed her away that second. Maybe she was drunk or whatever. But I've stopped that. I've stopped flirting and playing around with girls. So trust me..." I justified myself. I don't care what everyone else thinks about me, but I don't want her to get a wrong idea about me. I want Selena to notice me and be interested only in me. Damn that Jen! If only she hadn't gotten in the way, I would have had fun that night.

She chuckled and said,
"What are you getting so worked up about? Calm down. I believe you." She smiled. Thank god!

"Good. Oh and thank you for the gift! Can I open it now?" I asked. I was excited to see what it was. It looked like a book. And I was hoping it was a book. I haven't read a book in a long time and I miss reading.